2-12 Slot port Enclosure(95 accord trunk-5th gen)

Participant count
  • Participant list

bgowdy
5,000+ posts

Heroes are remembered, but legends never die
Ok so this is my first attempt at really thuroughly designing a Slot ported enclosure so bare with me lol.... The design is for the 5th Gen Accord Trunk( i know i have a 99 Coupe currently it was going to be a project but dont want to put money in it. it looks like crap but its pretty loud lol). Im going to be getting a different car in the near future and will probably get the 5th Gen Accord(no i dont race or nothing, i just like them).

Anyway i went online and found ALL the dimensions of the trunk and based the enclosures dimensions around those and with these the box should slide right in the trunk no problem.

Soundstream Ta1.3k wired to 1 ohm (so "say" each sub will see about 1k each)

2 Audiopipe Txx-Bd3-12's(i know.... but i want to try them)

The Box Dimensions:

31.75-L x 14-H x 24.25-D

5.31 - Gross Cubic ft

.75 - Wood Thickness

.26 - Subwoofer Displacement(2x12s)

.11 - Box Brace Est(45s, 2x4s etc)

Port:

4.5-W x 12.5-H

Port is .61 cuft displacement

Port Area is 56.25 in2

Port Length is 16.75", straight back no turn

14.06 sqin port per cube

Port on driver side, subs to the left, all on front face and will be firing into cabin and be sealed off

Will be 3 common walls

4 Cubes Net(after all displacement)

Tuned 36hz(36.09hz)

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
ive never ran those subs, or had your car with the subs mounted as youve described. but as far as the box goes, 2cft net per sub seems very average. port area though.. i built my box to 16" per cube.. ive read youll run into port problems being too small way before port too big, provided its length is proper.

No expert here, just reciting what ive read from this site.

Also, music genre will dictate tuning.. i listen to djslowfets and decaf. wish ida tuned to 30hz vs the 33hz i did. some songs are so low that my car shakes to sh1t, but cant hear it

Edit: rack city comes to mind. my sunroof goes nuts but cant really hear bass

Edit 2: You trollin bro?? just noticed you have 7k+ posts...

ive never ran those subs, or had your car with the subs mounted as youve described. but as far as the box goes, 2cft net per sub seems very average. port area though.. i built my box to 16" per cube.. ive read youll run into port problems being too small way before port too big, provided its length is proper.No expert here, just reciting what ive read from this site.

Also, music genre will dictate tuning.. i listen to djslowfets and decaf. wish ida tuned to 30hz vs the 33hz i did. some songs are so low that my car shakes to sh1t, but cant hear it

Edit: rack city comes to mind. my sunroof goes nuts but cant really hear bass

Edit 2: You trollin bro?? just noticed you have 7k+ posts...
no actually im not trolling.... i have literally never built a slot port enclosure(my self). Also ive only done 1 trunk box my self(current setup) its a aeroported one tho. Im more use to dealing with SUV's(ive designed and built plenty of aeroported boxes for SUV's) seeing this is the first car ive owned since 2010. So no im not trolling im really asking opinions lol... This is the first trunk ive done myself, i have 1 hd15 & 3k and it does very well if i say so myself. its firiing forward but not sealed off. i was going to but decided not to do a bunch of work to a car im not keeping.

As far as the port goes, i dont see 14"+ inches of port to be to little, but its not a huge amount either i know. Its partially were its at becuse im kind of doing my build around the IASCA trunk 2 class and it says a max of 56.55 square inches of port and im at 56.25, thats close as i could get lol

no actually im not trolling.... i have literally never built a slot port enclosure(my self). Also ive only done 1 trunk box my self(current setup) its a aeroported one tho. Im more use to dealing with SUV's(ive designed and built plenty of aeroported boxes for SUV's) seeing this is the first car ive owned since 2010. So no im not trolling im really asking opinions lol... This is the first trunk ive done myself, i have 1 hd15 & 3k and it does very well if i say so myself. its firiing forward but not sealed off. i was going to but decided not to do a bunch of work to a car im not keeping.

As far as the port goes, i dont see 14"+ inches of port to be to little, but its not a huge amount either i know. Its partially were its at becuse im kind of doing my build around the IASCA trunk 2 class and it says a max of 56.55 square inches of port and im at 56.25, thats close as i could get lol
First time I read iascas rules I was so confused by the port rule. Kind of a wtf moment

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Ok so this is my first attempt at really thuroughly designing a Slot ported enclosure so bare with me lol.... The design is for the 5th Gen Accord Trunk( i know i have a 99 Coupe currently it was going to be a project but dont want to put money in it. it looks like crap but its pretty loud lol). Im going to be getting a different car in the near future and will probably get the 5th Gen Accord(no i dont race or nothing, i just like them).
Anyway i went online and found ALL the dimensions of the trunk and based the enclosures dimensions around those and with these the box should slide right in the trunk no problem.

Soundstream Ta1.3k wired to 1 ohm (so "say" each sub will see about 1k each)

2 Audiopipe Txx-Bd3-12's(i know.... but i want to try them)

The Box Dimensions:

31.75-L x 14-H x 25.75-D

5.31 - Gross Cubic ft

.75 - Wood Thickness

.26 - Subwoofer Displacement(2x12s)

.12 - Box Brace Est(45s, 2x4s etc)

Port:

4.5-W x 12.5-H

Port is .92 cuft displacement

Port Area is 56.25 in2

Port Length is 22", 20.5"s deep with a 1.5" turn in back

14.05 sqin port per cube

Port on driver side, subs to the left, all on front face and will be firing into cabin and be sealed off

Will be 2 common walls(i think, ^^^ i could be wrong. Im not sure how to determine)

4 Cubes Net(after all displacement)

Tuned 36hz(36.09hz)

Thoughts?
If you have an L shaped port running along a side wall, you have 3 common walls. 14 per should be plenty for those subs.

If you have an L shaped port running along a side wall, you have 3 common walls. 14 per should be plenty for those subs.
ok could please explain to me how the common walls works in simple terms. i dont understand it. i thought i did, but i guess i dont... it would be straight back along the wall with a small 1.5" L-turn in the back

First time I read iascas rules I was so confused by the port rule. Kind of a wtf moment
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Yea they changed some rules. I was just trying to stay under the port cap lol. im good on everything else, hell i still have some power to give. I will only be at 2500 and i have up to 5k so will probably end up adding alittle more power

ok could please explain to me how the common walls works in simple terms. i dont understand it. i thought i did, but i guess i dont... it would be straight back along the wall with a small 1.5" L-turn in the back
The port will run along the top, bottom and side wall, which is 3 common walls. If you ran a center slot and it didn't turn the back corner, it would be 2 common.

The port will run along the top, bottom and side wall, which is 3 common walls. If you ran a center slot and it didn't turn the back corner, it would be 2 common.
i see... see what i didnt understand is if you counted the top and bottom. From all the stuff i found while searching no one really ever said anything about them. the only mentioned the side wall and back wall. thank you

ok this made a difference in my dims, if i can have it tuned where i want it to be with out having the back of the port L-turn, will it make any difference? Because correcting to 3 commons walls, made it to where i can just have a straight port with no turn.

ok this made a difference in my dims, if i can have it tuned where i want it to be with out having the back of the port L-turn, will it make any difference? Because correcting to 3 commons walls, made it to where i can just have a straight port with no turn.
You're still using the side wall so it's 3. Disregard the comment about the L. Most boxes slot ported just happen to have one. Yeah it will change the volume and tuning from 2 to 3.

You're still using the side wall so it's 3. Disregard the comment about the L. Most boxes slot ported just happen to have one. Yeah it will change the volume and tuning from 2 to 3.
ok. my box will be deep enough to so that i dont have to turn it in the back so that is fine....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.