Help with first sound system!

Rage8725

Hello everyone,

I'm looking to upgrade my sound system in my 2012 ford focus SE hatchback. I have never installed one, nor am i to good with cars. I was looking to bring the parts to my friends shop and have them install it. My question for you guys is it these parts are a good pick for me. So far I have

1. Audiopipe® APSBPC1200K - 12" 1800W Dual Subwoofer Box with Amplifier

2. BOSS® CH6500 - 6-1/2" 2-Way Chaos Exxtreme Series 200W Slim Speakers

3. http://www.carid.com/pioneer/single-din-in-dash-cd-mp3-wma-am-fm-stereo-receiver-mpn-dehx6600bt.html

I want to check with professionals that this will all work with my car before i buy this stuff. Also, for the head unit, I want to make sure i keep my Bluetooth capabilities and hands free phone calls, etc. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Those boss speakers are not great..... at all. I would up your budget on those a lot. The majority of your music will come from the 6.5's. The audiopipe box is very very beginner and will leave you wanting much more. What is your total budget. I'm sure we can point you in a much better direction. Are you capable of building your own box?

Those boss speakers are not great..... at all. I would up your budget on those a lot. The majority of your music will come from the 6.5's. The audiopipe box is very very beginner and will leave you wanting much more. What is your total budget. I'm sure we can point you in a much better direction. Are you capable of building your own box?
I was looking to keep it relatively cheap since i will have to pay instillation fees, but i do not want to regret buying products I won't like. I would like to keep it around 500 i guess is a good price to be around. What would you recommend? Also I could build my own box , but preferably not.

Start with where you are located. Sometimes you are within a driving diatance of a member who will be cheaper than a shop. What are your goals? Severe bass heavy system or well rounded decent sound quality system? Depends if you should put your money into your speakers or your sub system.

I would like a good mix of both, but more so heavy bass. I don't want to be blowing out my speakers, but enough to blow myself away and turn some heads at the same time hah

I would like a good mix of both, but more so heavy bass. I don't want to be blowing out my speakers, but enough to blow myself away and turn some heads at the same time hah
If you mainly want bass, wait to upgrade the stock speakers. It would eat a fair amount of your budget if you got decent speakers. Don't buy the Boss ones.

This amp is a steal:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/amplifier-classifieds/613380-2-ppi-bk-1800-a.html

What kind of space are you willing to give up?

If you mainly want bass, wait to upgrade the stock speakers. It would eat a fair amount of your budget if you got decent speakers. Don't buy the Boss ones.
I'd recommend the biggest single sub you have the room for on about 1200 RMS. What kind of space are you willing to give up?
You think the speakers can wait? that will save some money hah. Being honest i rarely ever use my trunk, so i dont need a whole lot of room. I do not have the dimensions with me, but as long as i can fit a few bags of groceries I am happy. So you are thinking just a single would suffice?

You think the speakers can wait? that will save some money hah. Being honest i rarely ever use my trunk, so i dont need a whole lot of room. I do not have the dimensions with me, but as long as i can fit a few bags of groceries I am happy. So you are thinking just a single would suffice?
How do the stock speakers sound? If they're not bad, why replace them?

A single sub would be fine, depending on what it is.

If keeping your stock speakers. Don't worry about my suggestion. Thats for a system you can listen too on a daily basis and sound decent. I'm not in touch with the tsst tsst tsst boom boom boom crowd. I like my highs to keep up with my lows.

thanks for the recommendation! I will definitely look into what you suggested. If i want a good mix of both bass and sound quality would this still be a good option?

Yeah, those boston 15's are overlooked and soumd great and get decently loud. Those jbl's are good components. And while the rubicon is not top tier, it gets the job done decently. Also leaves room to improve down the road

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.