Help with choosing sub enclosure for super crew cab

Participant count
  • Participant list

HardcoreBob

Senior VIP Member
Dallas
Ok as far as the subs department goes, I've got two 10" dvc Fosgate HX2s 1000 watt max...

I'm dealing with Ford F-150 super crew, backseat riders are rare...

My question is, if it were you, would you get a -quality- sealed enclosure that fits perfectly, leaving the seats operational, but sacrificing air room for the drivers...

Or should I "really" just get a sealed enclosure big enough to go well with my system, and use banana clips to make the subs/enclosure removable?

Also, is a dual enclosure, more "ideal" than two single enclosures?

Last thing, I listen to everything, love big bass from rap/hip hop or just straight "bass music", BUTT my passion is metal, and that means I want great response from that double kick drum...

Please enlighten me on this criteria.

What is the least amount of cubic feet you would feel to be adequate?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah some of those boxes work well but i would wanta be able to remove box without to much trouble.. the 6.5-8" subs have gotten so good many peeps are using them ported getting more bass than 2 10's in small sealed boxes.. but for metal u could be better sealed just depends on the install and your preferences

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.