Help sixing/ choosing an amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

CoalMarx

CarAudio.com Newbie
Can someone help me with this really basic question as I'm lost with this now.

I'm putting together a system for my VW T25 based around Alpine S-series speakers. So far I've bought a pair of S-S69s (6x9s) which are mounted in the tailgate card. I've also just bought a 2 Channel MTX TR275 Amp which puts out 2 x 75 RMS. I plan on getting an Alpine head unit putting out a base of 4 x 50w (is that RMS?). Probably the UTE-200BT.

My plan is to get a pair of S-S65s to go in the ceiling and another pair to go under the dash at the front.

I bought the amp on the advice of a forum but looking at it, it seems to be more than i need for the 6x9s and not enough to run the 6x9s as well as the rear pair of S-S65s. These S-S65s run at 80w RMS and the 6x9s at 85RMS. All my numbers are at 4 Ohms.

What Amp/s should i get to run the front and both pairs of rear speakers? TIA

Thanks, 1aespinoza that's a big help. Is there anything i can do to restore my fade between my front speakers and rear 6.5s if i run them off the same amp?
No, you will only have Balance control. You could also use the radio outputs for the 6.5s and amplify the 6x9s.
That bass control works great. I have that same one but in metal housing. FYI, it only filters up to 250 Hertz. So if you want volume control for the 6x9s, it is better to get one without the filter option.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...