Help with building boxes please

Participant count
  • Participant list
This is great info and feel free to rant as long as I am learning something!

I am still confused on what to do here though, Im assuming I want a box tuned around 32hz and I want it ported. I want it to hit as low as possible and as hard as possible. I know its just a 10" on a 500 watt amp but this thing sounds pretty nice in this sealed encloser and I want to unleash everything this thing can do! You sound like someone who can help me and I have no problem paying for some plans to make this happen! Also as stated before I have a buddy who is building a pretty decent system and we need help with his box. He has 2-12" W7's with 2 JL 1000/1 amps in a caddy sts that we will need a nice box for. Let me know what you have in mind for my set up and what costs are and we can go from there. Thanks

Yea, it can get confusing when you are looking for jsut the right things to use and the right sound to get out of it when there are so many options out there nowadays, lol. But, yea Im not trying to sell myself, more so to get you set up and happy with something, but I would love to do a design for you. My costs are not bad at all. you can email me if you like and I will discuss with you some prices and options if you are interested. My email is in my sig. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Im sure we can find what will work best for you with some details and a bit of time. Yea, just email me with some requests or questions and I'll get back to you asap.

This is great info and feel free to rant as long as I am learning something!
I am still confused on what to do here though, Im assuming I want a box tuned around 32hz and I want it ported. I want it to hit as low as possible and as hard as possible. I know its just a 10" on a 500 watt amp but this thing sounds pretty nice in this sealed encloser and I want to unleash everything this thing can do! You sound like someone who can help me and I have no problem paying for some plans to make this happen! Also as stated before I have a buddy who is building a pretty decent system and we need help with his box. He has 2-12" W7's with 2 JL 1000/1 amps in a caddy sts that we will need a nice box for. Let me know what you have in mind for my set up and what costs are and we can go from there. Thanks

Hoffman's Iron Law says that in a subwoofer system you can have:

1. Good low extension.

2. High effiency.

3. Small space

But you can only have 2 at a time. Your choice.

Hoffman's Iron Law says that in a subwoofer system you can have:1. Good low extension.

2. High effiency.

3. Small space

But you can only have 2 at a time. Your choice.
I suppose I want 1 and 2?

---------- Post added at 06:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 AM ----------

Yea, it can get confusing when you are looking for jsut the right things to use and the right sound to get out of it when there are so many options out there nowadays, lol. But, yea Im not trying to sell myself, more so to get you set up and happy with something, but I would love to do a design for you. My costs are not bad at all. you can email me if you like and I will discuss with you some prices and options if you are interested. My email is in my sig. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gifIm sure we can find what will work best for you with some details and a bit of time. Yea, just email me with some requests or questions and I'll get back to you asap.
email coming

So do I want something like a T-line? I dont really mind filling up the trunk. like I said I just want to get the lowest/hardest hitting bass I can out of it.

So I was checking out the free box designs in the sticky here and was wondering which design would be good for a 10"? I want it to hit low and hard so I think I want a box tuned to 32hz? Correct me if I'm wrong there, and I'm curious how big I can go with 10 and if bigger is better? I was looking at one of the first few in the thread, I think it was 1.6 cubic feet at 32hz. Will I be happy with that box? Can I use those measurements with my 10? I appreciate any info guys thanks, trying to get this built tonight

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

rdlyn13000

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
rdlyn13000
White Bear Lake
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date