help with box...

Participant count
  • Participant list

PiRaNha7

Hey im going to be building a box for my new subwoofer, but i dont know what size and dimentions it should be. So im askin you guys for help. The sub is a 15" Audiobahn natural excursion, and ill be sending 600 watts rms into it. I really dont know if i should go sealed or ported. I will mainly be listening to rock music and rap. I want it to be pretty loud, but not enough to be heard really far away, but im also new to this so a ported box might be difficult to build... if you have any suggestions for the dimensions and type of box i should build, please let me know!

I would give your sub around like 2.0-2.5 cubes and tune it to around 32-35, that way the spl will be pleanty loud but not too loud, and the sound quality will be preaty good, by that i mean that you will hear some good notes, specially with the natural subs.. they hit some good notes and if you are gonna be listening to rock alot, i would tune it lower, maybe like 28-30 because on rock songs the bass levels change alot and you want a good clean sounding bass otherwise the song will sound shitty

oh yeah just go to like a home depot and pick up some black 3 inch or 4 inch pvc pipe and just slap two of those in your box and that is about the easiet way to make a ported box and make it acurrate..

oh yeah just go to like a home depot and pick up some black 3 inch or 4 inch pvc pipe and just slap two of those in your box and that is about the easiet way to make a ported box and make it acurrate..
eh?? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

i really have as much room as i need, i dont want it to be really tall though, wider might be better or deeper. so basically whatever will work. if you can make me a design that would help a lot!

sounds like 2.5 cubic feet might be enoufg, unless u have another suggestion?

it looks like if i go too big my sub wont be able to handle as much power? (600 rms) how big can i go with that much power?

anyone wanna draw me a plan!? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.