help with box rise?

Participant count
  • Participant list
3k to all 4? Waste of equipment if you are running them sealed IMO. No way to tell impedance until you involve a clamp meter. What amp, what is the nominal ohm wiring, what vehicle, what freq are we talking about here? Merry christmas, Im kinda shitfaced not gonna lie lol

3k to all 4? Waste of equipment if you are running them sealed IMO. No way to tell impedance until you involve a clamp meter. What amp, what is the nominal ohm wiring, what vehicle, what freq are we talking about here? Merry christmas, Im kinda shitfaced not gonna lie lol.

LOL merry christmas to all spent most of the night dealing with "some assembly required" and $hit directions. Alcohol was involved and I was up up in them kush clouds so that didnt help speed things up.

Yes 3k to all 4 , I have one sealed in a 1 cf sealed and like it, can you predetermine sealed enclosure frequency? All 4 in parallel will give just under .75 ohm load. And I need to know more about box rise before I choose an amp.

If you are wired to .75 on a 1ohm amp, you can usually get enough rise to make the amp stable. My subs are dvc4s and each wire to 1.55ohm in parallel, so I have .775ohms before rise going to my mono and its always worked fine. Box rise cannot be predetermined, only way is to clamp the amp and find out. Rise will be different for every freq. Put that sub in about 2 cubes ported in the low 30s, then you will really like it.

if their wasn't impedence rise it would play very loudly at one point and quiet at all the rest. You need rise to overcome the efficiency at fs of a driver or the q of the box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.