Help with a system 1500-2000 to spend...

CT_SRT
10+ year member

CT
This has prob been beat to death but i always like many oppinions. Im finnaly ready for a system again and wanted some input. For everything not including installation i have about 1500-2000 to spend id like to keep it towards the 1500 end. What im looking for is some amazingly clear and loud highs, I listen to mostly rap and classic rock but also some techno. And i want eithere a dual 10 or 12 setup i would love for it to get real loud while conserving on weight, id prefer to go a sealed box route or small ported becasue my trunk is not that large. I would like input for everything from decks to subs to speakers and amps. Theres always so much changing in the car audio market and ive been gone for a little while. I have a new orion 1200d wich i might use and might not soo any help is much appreciated..Im Really trying to keep the sub/box and amp weight under 70-80 pounds maybe a little more.. Thanks again.

This has prob been beat to death but i always like many oppinions. Im finnaly ready for a system again and wanted some input. For everything not including installation i have about 1500-2000 to spend id like to keep it towards the 1500 end. What im looking for is some amazingly clear and loud highs, I listen to mostly rap and classic rock but also some techno. And i want eithere a dual 10 or 12 setup i would love for it to get real loud while conserving on weight, id prefer to go a sealed box route or small ported becasue my trunk is not that large. I would like input for everything from decks to subs to speakers and amps. Theres always so much changing in the car audio market and ive been gone for a little while. I have a new orion 1200d wich i might use and might not soo any help is much appreciated..Im Really trying to keep the sub/box and amp weight under 70-80 pounds maybe a little more.. Thanks again.
Where in CT are you located at?

i spent about that much just over the past 2 weeks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif and thats for a amp and sub.

i spent about that much just over the past 2 weeks. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif and thats for a amp and sub.
Ure Rich B1tch ure a real big tymer Lol i dont know where that came up. Im happy with my system and i paid 500 for everything subs,amp,box,wires,install.

i wish i coulda gotten my stuff for 1500-2000k //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

if you have the 1200d, use it, its a great amp

are you willing to do ebay and such?

bump for some more ideas but heres what i was thinking...

Deck: Eclipse CD4000

Sub: 1 12" Mag

Comp: 5.25" Focal Polykevlars(how much diff between the polyglass?)

sub amp: 1200d

how does that sound??? it should be good but im worried about the wiring of the mag and my amp i need to get the most out of this 1200 and its not the newest one and i dont really remember the specs.. i think it was 1400 @ 1ohm but thats all i can remember...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.