Help with new system

Participant count
  • Participant list

CWanner73

CarAudio.com Newbie
I have a 2015 Mustang GT. I recently purchased a 2023 Kia Niro with a Harmon Kardon system which makes my Mustang's system sound like garbage. So I decided to upgrade the system and add wireless carplay. I spoke to my son-in-law who works at a car stereo shop and he recommended a Pioneer head unit and DS18 PRO-X 6.5" Mid-Range Loudspeakers for the doors and back deck. He said that's what the sell the most and they will take a lot of wattage. I did some more research and decided to go with a Dyanavin 8 system. I looked into better DS18 speakers since he can get me a discount and found a PRO 6.5" Neodymium Full-Range speaker, but I am also looking at Kenwood KFC-1696PS in a 2-way. I don't need anything over 100 Watts RMS as I'm really looking to maybe double the factory system power. I am also planning on installing an amp with a 12" ported sub box from my son-in-laws shop since they build them in house and seem to get some really good thump. Looking for recommendations. I'm planning on spending $1500-2000 so I don't want to end up with a system that's loud but crappy quality in the end.

These come with a 5yr warranty. check out theyre Monthly Sales also.
https://www.cdtaudio.com/main_series/allenvironment/mo625dc.php

I would recommend a Kenwood/JVC ,Sony, Alpine 4v-5v HU with min of 2 RCA Out or 3. I would not put a Pioneer HU in. Pico Fuse issues and they are not made of quality anymore to last.

Amazon product ASIN B009XUM06A

For the D.Bonce 2 ch amp.

For the CT Sounds Mono amp.

4ga wire by the Ft. for ground and supply for both amps. Might look around like @ GP Audio and KnuzKoncepts even.

I would put Bass Blockers on the rear speakers and keep those speakers on HU power. Plenty brands and different prices to look through on Ebay

Have you talked to him about the electrical? I really want to get deep on this, but lets see how this goes. When you add that amp, you add about a 10 amp draw for every 100watts. 1,000 watts, is about 100 amps. Not sure on what sub you are looking at, but you will also want to get the BIG 3 done, and your factory mustang alternator might not be big enough depending on your amp and sub combo. That head unit is about half the budget, and a quality alternator aftermarket alternator might eat up another quarter of it, unless you have some other upgraded options. Even if you're getting a deal, you should still plan out your entire system before getting anything done, (other than the big 3).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...