System Design Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sadboichef17

CarAudio.com Newbie
Texas
I have a 2012 Silverado 1500 extended cab that I would eventually like to put a system in, however, I'm not a fan of shallow mount subs. I really like the Sundown x12 v3 d2 though. I see a lot of people running 4 8's under the back seats but I have never heard an 8 before. What are my options for designing this build if i want to put the x12 in? Take the single seat out of the back? Or should I consider multuple 8s? Thank you for your input.

Have you considered a pair of tens even? There are always ways to get a nice sub stage in that truck. before I ripped out my back seat in one my trucks, I did a seat lift of almost 3" to get a pair of Aero-ported tens in. Maybe something to consider??. Removing that small seat on one side sounds like a great option too.

Have you considered a pair of tens even? There are always ways to get a nice sub stage in that truck. before I ripped out my back seat in one my trucks, I did a seat lift of almost 3" to get a pair of Aero-ported tens in. Maybe something to consider??. Removing that small seat on one side sounds like a great option too.
Hey thank you for your input. I appreciate you.

watch this...

Gately is expensive, but real nice and well made, as well as B2 Audio gear. Most that are on a smaller budget may have to look at other options. Never the less. Very impressive vid man.
Ive said for the last 15 years.. It takes power to make power

Buddy of mine somehow managed to get small MDF boxes set into the rear doors on his previous truck, think it was an F-150. I can't remember clearly but I think he put some kind of small Skar woofer into them. He probably still has pics that I can get if you're curious.

I've seen that SMD video before and it helped convince me that's the way to go. Planning to squeeze 8s under the bench in my next truck. You don't have to go with Gately and B2 to do it. Other companies make prefabs and you can find individuals on this forum or on eBay who can make custom boxes like that for you.

I've heard an X 15 in a small cab truck on something like 1-3k before, and that **** was deafeningly loud. The amount of sub that you need to achieve a given SPL depends on the size of the cab it's going into. My memory is not terribly reliable, and I was less experienced with loud systems back then, but I'd swear that one X 15 in that tiny cab was louder than the 2 Nightshade 12s on 5k+ that I've got in my Tahoe right now. Keep this in mind: The X 15 was in a box that took up the entirety of the guy's back bench in his truck. You need a lot of box volume for any Sundown "new platform" (ie high excursion) woofer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...