Help with a head unit face plate

Participant count
  • Participant list
Yeah but I need it for a 2008 G35x 

---------- Post added at 03:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 AM ----------

Yeah but I need it for a 2008 G35x Without the bose upgrade
I'm sure the "x" is just like LS or Ex etc etc that doesn't matter, I'm not sure how much Infinity changed the interior of their G35's in the couple years.

I'm sure the "x" is just like LS or Ex etc etc that doesn't matter, I'm not sure how much Infinity changed the interior of their G35's in the couple years.
This is the 2004 g35x head unit

View attachment 26532786

And this is the 2008 Head Unit...

View attachment 26532787

I honestly can't find one anywhere, a big difficulty is that all the climate control is interrogated into the HU(Im pretty sure) Which makes it hard to replace

This is the 2004 g35x head unit View attachment 26532786

And this is the 2008 Head Unit...

View attachment 26532787

I honestly can't find one anywhere, a big difficulty is that all the climate control is interrogated into the HU(Im pretty sure) Which makes it hard to replace
Contact your local Car Audio shop and see what they would do to add an aftermarket stereo in, is the only thing I can say.

Contact your local Car Audio shop and see what they would do to add an aftermarket stereo in, is the only thing I can say.
Been to 3 different car audio shops and none of them could find a solution other than to actually building a custom faceplate to fit my exact HU and that would be way to pricey. And also we never even discussed if it would F up the climate control and anything else that is run through there. May just have to leave the HU alone and i guess my next best guess would get a JL Cleansweep or anything along those lines

My advice is to leave the dash alone. There are some excellent options that are well proven that will get you great sound with the factory head unit as the source. A problem now might be finding an installer who knows what they're doing. Did any of the shops you talked to suggest a processor?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.