Help Wiring New Kicker l5's

Participant count
  • Participant list

FML
10+ year member

Extreme Lowwwwwws
Idaho
Greetings,

Brand new to the forum, first post. Seems to be a wealth of information on here, but couldnt find an exact answer to what Iv been looking for so please forgive me if I had missed it.

My query is as follows: I have a pair of Kicker l5 subwoofers on their way. They are dual 2-ohm subs, model s12l5. Im having trouble findig out how to wire them into a bridged 4 ohm load,and if I cannot, would running them seperatly into two channels at 2 ohms each be better? Iv included links to the amp i will be using( Kenwood kac-7205 1000w), with the specs included about its impedence, and as well the link to kickers wiring diagrams. (which iv stared at for some time now, and havent found my solution.) Im not sure if I can even run this configuration at all, so anybody who can help shed some light on the best option please do so. Thanks!

EDIT: This forum wont let me put in the URL's i had for you guys. I dont know why. I was trying to make it a bit easier on you experts, but, fail. feel free to also inform me on the proper way to add your URL.thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
kicker.com download the pdf has everything you need in there
Thanks for the reply. And yeah, I have looked through those files, as well as wiring wizards. I cant seem to figure it out. Iv installed and went through many audio setups, but none where my amps impedance may prevent me from running specific woofers. Which brings me to this site.

Anybody else?

Bump. Anyone. Anyone please? I realize this is one of those things thats been treaded on over and over again, but I wouldnt waste your guys' time, or the space on this forum if i really couldnt figure it out on my own. So thanks again

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.