help wiring my speakers to amp (Hifonics amp + Beyma speakers)

Participant count
  • Participant list

alanj

Hi, im new here... my name is Alan, from Dominican Republic... i have a 2011 camry

i need help wiring my setup, and choosing the rest of my components.

So far this is what i have:

(1) Hifonics ZRX1000 4ch amp

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...ZRX1000.4.html

(4) Beyma 6.5" speakers

Beyma Car Speakers - Beyma Pro 65ND lightweight neodymium midrange 6.5" speaker - Beyma Pro 65ND 200 watt neo 6.5" car midrange has a high efficiency of 100dB SPL. Beyma Pro 65ND and other Beyma 6.5" car speakers here.

spec

this amp is rated to 125W x 4ch @ 4ohm and 250W x 4ch @ 2ohm

500 x 2ch @ 4 ohm bridged

my speakers are 4 ohm each, and can take 100Wrms

the question is, can i wire 2 "4ohm/100wrms beyma speakers" in parallel to CH1 and 2 more "4ohm/100wrms beyma speakers" to CH2?

wired in parallel, will draw the ohms down to 2ohm, each pair receiving 250wrms.

AND SECOND, one 12 - 15" sub (which i still don't have and dont know which one to choose) wired to CH3/4 BRIDGED receiving 500Wrms @ 4 ohm

is this setup ok? am i demanding too much to my amp? everything is being done according to specs.

thx up front

You are expecting too much from that particular amp to power 4 speakers and a sub.better off just with the four 6.5s on that amp and getting a mono amp for the sub

decided to swap rear beymas with Full range 6x9 speakers or 8" mids, and wire 1 speaker to each CH @ 4ohm putting 125Wrms on each. And later on, a sub with separated amp.

my front doors Beyma speaker Frequency Response is 150Hz - 8.0kHz, to what Freq. range should i EQ my front speakers, if i install full range or mids on the rear deck... im just asking for a baseline starting point.

decided to swap rear beymas with Full range 6x9 speakers or 8" mids, and wire 1 speaker to each CH @ 4ohm putting 125Wrms on each. And later on, a sub with separated amp.
my front doors Beyma speaker Frequency Response is 150Hz - 8.0kHz, to what Freq. range should i EQ my front speakers, if i install full range or mids on the rear deck... im just asking for a baseline starting point.
I think most people start with 80Hz and below for subs and 80Hz and above for mids.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.