Simple question, only need a simple answer.

Participant count
  • Participant list

IronAnRkst

Surely this has been asked before and surely there is plenty of different opinions, but if I am planning to put 2 12's in my car and change the door/rear deck speakers to aftermarket, would I really need an amp on the door speakers or would much difference be noticeable with the subs..?

if you put 100 watt RMS aftermarkets in without giving them juice, it'll sound like shiet, i'd recommend a door treatment and a good amp. Yes with a proper sub in proper box and quality amp, you'll notice a huge difference. Put in good effort in the installation part and it will sound good. Read up on how to make a good seal and deaden doors.

Surely this has been asked before and surely there is plenty of different opinions, but if I am planning to put 2 12's in my car and change the door/rear deck speakers to aftermarket, would I really need an amp on the door speakers or would much difference be noticeable with the subs..?
If you amp the mids you'll notice a very big difference in sound quality especially when turning up the volume. If you don't amp them and you turn the volume up about 3 /4 of the way you're going to hear a lot of distortion.

Big difference in sound with an amp going to them.unless you have people in your back seat, I'd Just upgrade the front.have the rears running off the headunit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.