HELP! what do i need...

kinda figured
but your power wire from battery + to amp is going to be stupid short, so there's a trade off for ya.

It's really not all that hard to run wires yourself. take some time and dig for a youtube or well written tutorial on removing the interior panels you'd need to take off and where to run the wires through. Great chance to learn more about the hobby and your car, too. Not to mention it feels great installing your own shizz.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

x3

yeah, i know, im gonna do it, just trying to figure it all out!thanks...
there is definitely a lot more to it than most people think when planning out their first system(s).

Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help, man. Tons of excellent information out there on this site and others, just takes time to search it out and read it.

Look up Audio Technix 0 ga wire as well. I have a couple of their Amp kits and I like them! The hardest part about running your 0ga wire will be going through the firewall into the engine bay. If you're lucky and the alt is on the driver side, you might be able to get through a rubber grommet thats already there. If the alt is on the passenger side then you'll have to drill a hole, install a grommet, and run the wire through it to get to the alt.

Either that or drill a hole through the trunk, install grommet, and secure the crap out of the wire all the way up to the alt under the body of the car. I wouldn't do that unless my car was primarily a competition car and rarely driven. I don't like the idea of electrical on the undercarriage, but it is an option.

Look up Audio Technix 0 ga wire as well. I have a couple of their Amp kits and I like them! The hardest part about running your 0ga wire will be going through the firewall into the engine bay. If you're lucky and the alt is on the driver side, you might be able to get through a rubber grommet thats already there. If the alt is on the passenger side then you'll have to drill a hole, install a grommet, and run the wire through it to get to the alt.
Either that or drill a hole through the trunk, install grommet, and secure the crap out of the wire all the way up to the alt under the body of the car. I wouldn't do that unless my car was primarily a competition car and rarely driven. I don't like the idea of electrical on the undercarriage, but it is an option.
yeah, passenger side, and i wont go under!

there is definitely a lot more to it than most people think when planning out their first system(s).
Good luck and don't be afraid to ask for help, man. Tons of excellent information out there on this site and others, just takes time to search it out and read it.
lmao, definitely not my first system, had tons just never done right, except my last one ol school colossus on 2 titan 15s but that got jacked and i payed for the custom install... figured id try myself this time... the right way!

yeah, passenger side, and i wont go under!
ya a single run of 0ga to the alt won't be that bad. watch how to take of trim panels and look under the dash area around the passenger foot well to find a spot to drill a hole to run wire. Make sure you check inside the engine bay as well so you aren't going to hit anything!

ya a single run of 0ga to the alt won't be that bad. watch how to take of trim panels and look under the dash area around the passenger foot well to find a spot to drill a hole to run wire. Make sure you check inside the engine bay as well so you aren't going to hit anything!
definitely, just didnt think i was gonna spend as much as i am!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.