HELP! what do i need...

a guy just got shot over his iphone on craigslist, just dont want no parts of the craziness, nothing personal, and i used to stay by saginaw and its not much better but thanks for the advice and pointers...

im not too trusting in people...
Id buy good Strand wiring from @mylows10, and get your cuz to help you install it, and get an install discount at the least.Mylows carries a better wire than that JL.Ive had JL, and not too fond of it.Cadence wire is so much better than that even,and not as expensive

yeah, im gonna go to car tunes tomarrow talk to him and probably get back on here and order everything, i gotta get some reducers from mylows10s anyway...

think i got some kicker layin around too dont member how much though

---------- Post added at 12:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

thank you everyone,

Let us know how it turns out..Its always good to hear back ,and also helps others out on this type of vehicle as well:D
check out this dude @ car tunes told me... basically... get a new ho alt. because they could only beef up the grounds, because the batt. is in the trunk its over a 18ft run and wouldnt help, geez i hope my cuz gets there soon or someone on has a 05 cobalt with some advice...

check out this dude @ car tunes told me... basically... get a new ho alt. because they could only beef up the grounds, because the batt. is in the trunk its over a 18ft run and wouldnt help, geez i hope my cuz gets there soon or someone on has a 05 cobalt with some advice...
That's a load of bullcrap

I have a 2006 Ion and the battery is in the back as well, and upgrading the wire WILL make a difference.

I actually haven't even done the big 3, and I run a 140 amp alt with a yellowtop and have been safe up to 2k rms. You would be fine with your amp.

well that will cost you prolly $50 alone for that run ,i have it in stock
check out, what the "professionals" told me.... get a new ho alt... because the batt. in the trunk they can only do the grounds, because run the positive is over a 18ft run it wouldnt help? theres gotta be a way to do it, or a place that will do it!

check out, what the "professionals" told me.... get a new ho alt... because the batt. in the trunk they can only do the grounds, because run the positive is over a 18ft run it wouldnt help? theres gotta be a way to do it, or a place that will do it!
most shops will tell you that ,because they just dont know or want to do the kit , but it needs to be done.and yes it will help

prolly get bashed for this, why not 2 or 3 runs of "0" gauge, cheap 0 gauge is usually like 2 gauge or beefy 4 gauge, recommended doing this with a friend of mine in a lincoln ls, main batt was in the trunk, we ran 3 cheap 0 gauge runs from the alt to the trunk, the place that sells cheap car audio power wire had "0" gauge for less than $2 a foot if you bought more than 15 feet

he runs about 1800 rms his voltage drops to about 12.8-12.9, yes we 2 gauge welding cable to his amps, but your changing lines do have to be able to keep up, again im sure not too many people will like the idea of using 2 or 3 runs of cheaper wire but from how his system is keeping up i would recommend this if money is an issue...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.