Help Upgrading 2011 Ram 1500 with alpine system

Participant count
  • Participant list

BrKapp

hello all-new to the forum in search of help.. local guys were i spent hundreds if not thousands on tint and previous installs wont even look or listen to me without charging me, and im determined to learn and do this on my own. so i have a 2011 ram 1500 big horn with the alpine 8+ subwoofer sound system. i want to put in 2 brand new 12" single voice 1200 w 4 ohms pioneer speakers that i have unused from one of my old tucks- the old sub box fits too. so i bought a line output converter (rca conversion i guess) and i was told and assumed i could wire that up to the 4 wires that run to a plug to plug into the stock subwoofer. the line output converter powers up fine and so does the amp but no sound through the subs. i checked the power on the rcas with a old old dmm and i couldnt get a signal, nor could i get one out of the line converter connections themselves. can i not connect it to these wires for the stock sub? maybe i had the old dmm on the wrong mode?

i will add a picture of a drawing of all the wiring i did- probably there are some things wrong there too

this is my first shot doing it myself. the amp is a kicker single output 750 amp.

thanks in advance for any help- its much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.