02' Ford Escape Front Door 6.5 Component and Amplifier Help Needed

Participant count
  • Participant list

imsickofweed

Senior VIP Member
I have 3" max clearance for the back of the speaker to the window, and that might not be enough without a mounting ring. Stock holes are 5x7/6x8 so Ill need a conversion mounting plate. I have dynamat for the doors inner and outer sheet metal. Ill he visiting the junkyard for some stock tweeter sail panels to mount the tweeters stealthily. The amp would preferably be a compact size that could fit behind the HU in that void. Ive thought about just disconnecting the rear door speakers because I drive alone most of the time and with the rear seats folded down, blocking the rear door speakers, about half of that time. I also want to spend my money getting the best speakers for the front and I think its worth it to sacrifice the rears for a better front, hopefully you all agree. Im not opposed to adding rear door speakers later, but my budget is around $500 somewhere around $200-300 for 6.5 comps and the rest on an amp. Can anyone reccommend something to me? Ive looked at the alpine type Rs and people say the tweeters are harsh, but crutchfield says they fit my car and come with the plate. I also looked at the image dynamic xs57, for ease of installation, but I think Id prefer tighter bass over louder bass. Most people say I wont tell the difference in the xs57 over a comparably priced 6.5 from another brand, but I realky dont know. Im going to visit a few shops today to take a listen, but I want to know what brands to look for and maybe theres some deals going online. I dont plan on buying from the local shops, just going to listen. All opinions and suggestions are very much appreciated, I havent had a decent system since high school and Im a little out of the loop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.