Help to Identify 4 Slot Mini Fuse Block Under Dash

Participant count
  • Participants list

jayhawkX

CarAudio.com Newbie
I'm working on a friend's newly purchased '04 Cadillac CTS. The headlights will not turn on. Both highs and lows. I've replaced the bulbs, combo switch, relays, and fuses. I'm running the wiring now and I run into something that technically shouldn't be there. It's a 4 way mini fuse block. The mini fuses look to be good but I'll replace them for good measure. It's only 2 amp max so it wouldn't run the lights directly but it could run the controler, switch, etc that runs the lights. I can't get a great pic but I'll post the best I can get.

Anyone have an idea with this could be to/for? I'm guessing it could be for a car alarm but...

Attachments

• tapatalk_-1572336077.jpeg
    tapatalk_-1572336077.jpeg
    420.2 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
Always start with a multimeter and see whats getting power and where it's stopping at.are the light sockets getting power? Check the harness and junctions. Then the fuse box. Then the switch. Randomly guessing and replacing parts isn't the way to go about it bro.

Always start with a multimeter and see whats getting power and where it's stopping at.are the light sockets getting power? Check the harness and junctions. Then the fuse box. Then the switch. Randomly guessing and replacing parts isn't the way to go about it bro.

Gee...Thanks for the non-answer answer. It helped a lot, brah. 👏

The question was to 'Identify the fuse box', not 'What's wrong with the headlights'.

I came to this forum because the fuse box, if for an alarm, might be familiar to someone here.

It ended up being the fuse box with an additional kink. It's to a trailer hitch wiring harness and the last owner hooked up the headlights instead of the parking and brake lights.

That's all I needed.

Moderator... Delete my account if you wish, as I will not return.

🖕

Did you join a car audio group to ask why your headlights weren't working? Then when given a decent answer to break out the multimeter and see what does/doesn't have power you get mad?

LMFAO!

Did you join a car audio group to ask why your headlights weren't working? Then when given a decent answer to break out the multimeter and see what does/doesn't have power you get mad?

LMFAO!

Let's get this one a bit straight...er.

After everything stated above, your first sentence in reply actually asks "Did you join a car audio group to ask why your headlights weren't working?"

🤔

Read the post...idiot.

Damn I didn't even notice. And that was honest real advice trying to help. Oh well

I came back to apologize to you. Sorry. Non answers are a pet peeve of mine. It set me off. I was a few beers in and still had the phone in my hand.

In other news...

I'm completely with my faculties now. So... When I call the moron above an "idiot", you know it's a good assessment of the aforementioned moron.

Once again. I apologize to you...not the idiot. No use reasoning with stupid...

🍻

Last edited:
Let's get this one a bit straight...er.

After everything stated above, your first sentence in reply actually asks "Did you join a car audio group to ask why your headlights weren't working?"

🤔

Read the post...idiot.

I'm working on a friend's newly purchased '04 Cadillac CTS. The headlights will not turn on. Both highs and lows. I've replaced the bulbs, combo switch, relays, and fuses.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

really.jpg

Honestly, the original post sounds like you were still problem shooting the headlight problem. Trust me, pop isn’t one to just **** on someone

Gee...Thanks for the non-answer answer. It helped a lot, brah. 👏

The question was to 'Identify the fuse box', not 'What's wrong with the headlights'.

I came to this forum because the fuse box, if for an alarm, might be familiar to someone here.

It ended up being the fuse box with an additional kink. It's to a trailer hitch wiring harness and the last owner hooked up the headlights instead of the parking and brake lights.

That's all I needed.

Moderator... Delete my account if you wish, as I will not return.

🖕
Bummer. This forum would benefit from your insight.

Seriously though, stick around. The ******** here are generally guys who are sick of hearing the same question ten times a day. Pop is one of the more tolerable... wait until you meet kushy.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...