Help sub not flexing and making weird noises

Raiin

Israel
Hello I have an old kef thx (tdm45b) subwoofer it's an 15 inch sub.

Its not in a car btw it's inside of my house.

I think it's getting around 300-600watts I think that's enough.

My dad which he owns the subwoofer has turned it up all the way he only used it for rock music and stuff like that it has never played anything "hard" before.

Sometimes after the amplifier is off and everything is off the subwoofer stays on and makes weird noise I don't have a recording of that noise yet it's kinda loud tho it sounds like baking water or something like that.

The noise goes away after some time or of you play it abit "hard" +10db (75%+ volume) it goes away most of the time.

The noise isn't the only problem with the subwoofer, the subwoofer doesn't flex at all it doesn't even move Abit even on 100% volume,it's shaking around and moving around on the ground but it's not flexing I took a video of it playing on high volume it wasn't flexing at all still.

Can't upload the video atm but will as soon as I can.

Sorry for the bad English in this post im not paying attention at all!.

Definitely need to explain this a little better or post a video.

If the sub is doing ANYTHING after you turn it off there is definitely a problem with your amp though.

The Amp is off but the sub stays on sometimes it doesn't get the power (electricity) from the amp its connected to the nvm im stupid but its not the amp's problem atleast i dont think it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J559yWiKW-c

I was speaking hebrew with my bro btw so don't pay attention but yeah the sound quality is bad cuz I recorded it with a potato
Is it even worth fixing at this point? You may be better off just buying something new.

You can start by gently pushing the sub in and out with everything unplugged and see if it's scratchy or weird sounding at all.

I imagine it's an amplifier and sub all in one so it's difficult to test it unless you have another amplifier you can connect to it. This is why I recommend just getting a new one, or a used one from a store.

Older Hsu subwoofers did something similar to what you are describing. Alot of times this could be minimized with a ground lift adapter. There isn't possibly a dimmer switch on the same ac line is there?

My dad will not get a new sub because this one satisfies him enough but about the sub not moving it turns out my dad turned down the flex all the way cuz it made a rattling noise like this one:

can anyone give me any tips on how it could be fixed although its not worth it.my dad tried to open up the sub and see the inside but he couldn't do it it wouldn't open up.

My dad will not get a new sub because this one satisfies him enough but about the sub not moving it turns out my dad turned down the flex all the way cuz it made a rattling noise like this one:

He sounds stubborn...

My dad will not get a new sub because this one satisfies him enough
well, that sub may kill the amp if the blown voice coil has shorted out to a lower impedance that is tolerable for the amp.

Id replace the subwoofer, or risk buying a whole new subwoofer/amp.

Hopefully, your subwoofer has internal amp, so that will mean your Reciever should be fine.

He sounds stubborn...
No he's not trust me he's really kind but he is right we don't need a new subwoofer we don't hear music the way people like you with car audio do we don't like distortion xD

So this subwoofer is enough for now if it will blow completely we'll get a new sub //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.