HELP stock bose speakers have lost power

Participant count
  • Participant list

jjones4100

I just installed my head unit from an 03 suburban with bose system to an 05 GMC yukon. Same wiring bundles all I had to do was plug in but now the speakers are very quiet and on top of that the front speakers keep cutting out. They don't lose all sound but it almost sounds like the back speakers only work then they come back almost like a wiring problem but I redid all the wires to make sure that wasn't it. Any solutions? Its a pioneer head unit with the Bose stock speakers.

So take it from the old truck and put it in the new one? Do you know why it would be doing that?
could be the amp isn't compatible the new deck .just because the harnesses look or may be the same doesn't mean the rest of the system is interchangable

OK so I just looked in the 03 Chevy suburban and it doesn't have an amp, what should I do?
if its a bose system ,i believe it does have an amp ,it would be under the dash,kick panel ,or in the rear of the truck quarter panels

OK I checked the rear quarter panels and behind the glove box where I thought it was supposed to be. Are you saying it could be under the center console?
could be ,i'm not exactly sure where it is ,but there should be one ,those are just the most common places

OK found the amps in both vehicles under the center console that was a pain in the *** but switched them out and when I put the amp from the suburban to the Yukon I actually lose all sound. Any other suggestions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.