Help: Static on left channel after comp. install

Participant count
  • Participant list
I just installed PVI-269 MB Quart components and a RAB-250 MB Quart amp last night. I have a kenwood KDC-MP538U deck. After I got every thing all wired and mounted, I put the negative back on and turned on the car and deck. The Green power light came on for the amp and the red indicator light stayed off. When i switched from standby to CD on the deck music came out of the right and static out of the left 6x9 and tweeter. I checked all connections and they seem to be fine. I'm using 8GA power and ground and 14GA speaker wire. I'm grounded to one of the big bolts that holds the seat down. I sanded this area, but does this not go to the car's chassis? I dont understand if that was the problem because why would the right work? Any ideas what could be wrong?

Note: my speaker wire/RCAs are away from power wires.

I'll try that CRX. Stanky do you think it could be a bad crossover box? The component speakers and car are the only new items in this stereo system. I dont think its the speaker because of the fact its the whole left channel. When i get a chance I guess I can switch stuff to see what happens

I just installed PVI-269 MB Quart components and a RAB-250 MB Quart amp last night. I have a kenwood KDC-MP538U deck. After I got every thing all wired and mounted, I put the negative back on and turned on the car and deck. The Green power light came on for the amp and the red indicator light stayed off. When i switched from standby to CD on the deck music came out of the right and static out of the left 6x9 and tweeter. I checked all connections and they seem to be fine. I'm using 8GA power and ground and 14GA speaker wire. I'm grounded to one of the big bolts that holds the seat down. I sanded this area, but does this not go to the car's chassis? I dont understand if that was the problem because why would the right work? Any ideas what could be wrong?
Note: my speaker wire/RCAs are away from power wires.
try a different ground, an actual good ground not just a bolt you can easily use. it'll work with a bad ground put you'll have issues much like you have.

Tried a completely new ground directly on the chassis and it did not help
did you put a DMM to it to make sure it was a good grounding point?

swap the speaker outputs at the amp and see if the sound follows. if it follows change the RCA outputs. if it follows the RCAs it's your head unit. if it follows just the amp. it's the amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.