Help setting my subwoofer amp HPF/LFP

Participant count
  • Participant list

xDATx
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey all,

I am running one 12" Underhung subwoofer in sealed enclosure which I don't have the specs for. I am bridging my old school Hifonics Atlantis X amp which does 600watts at 4ohms. My x-over on the amp is set to LOW because it will be used for my sub.

I am confused on the dials on the amp, and where they should be tuned to. I have searched and what most say tune to approx. 80Hz.

Can anyone help me on my amp dials, and help me tune my amp.

here is a JPEG file of my amp (attached)

Any thoughts welcome

thanks in advance

Dan

I start high, and slowly bring the LPF down, until the bass begins to drop off of the music you normally listen to.

You don't want to hear male vocals through it, just kick drum, low bass guitar, and synthesized bass (hip-hop beats). I'd imagine you'll be somewhere around 100-120 Hz. If you're burpin, it's a different story...

Once you found the proper freq, start bringing up the gain, just before you get clipping at high HU volume on a 60 Hz -0dB tone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.