Help on truck system

Participant count
  • Participant list

1987GMC

Boston
So I have a 1987 GMC single cab truck that I'm putting together and pretty soon I will be doing the sound system in it. I don't have much experience with picking out speakers so I need help on what to do for subs since there is limited room behind the seat. I'm not going to spend a ton of money at first just in case I don't like the way it comes out. So I'm in between going with a shallow mount sub behind the seat like this one. (I don't have much room behind the seat since it's a single cab)

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_93716_Power-Acoustik-THIN-124.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=PLA&scid=scplp93716&sc_intid=93716&adtype=pla&lsft=adtype%3Apla&gclid=CMT02uuxwNICFY6Pswod_44BUA

Or if I should go with two under the seat subs like this

http://www.parts-express.com/boss-bass1400-10-low-profile-amplified-subwoofer-1400-watt--265-347

I know with how cheap these are they aren't going to be great quality but like I said I'm not 100% sure on what I'm going to do. I'm looking for something pretty lound. I'm getting a headliner with 4- 4" speakers in it that I will be replacing with decent kicker 4" speakers. Also can anyone recommend a good amp for the setup. I'm kind of lost when it come to that. I appreciate all of the help.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.