Help Needed!!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 600 watt amp that is running my Sony 6X9s (which are getting changed soon) aswell as my bass box that has 2subs in it. My 6X9s are only like 200watts but I was wanting to get Pioneer ones at 330watts to improver the loudiness. The problem is will my amp be able to run 330watt 6X9s aswell as the 2subs in the bass box(Don't know what watt they produce)?????????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a 600 watt amp that is running my Sony 6X9s (which are getting changed soon) aswell as my bass box that has 2subs in it. My 6X9s are only like 200watts but I was wanting to get Pioneer ones at 330watts to improver the loudiness. The problem is will my amp be able to run 330watt 6X9s aswell as the 2subs in the bass box(Don't know what watt they produce)?????????? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Okay, first we need to know what the specs are for your amp. If you give me the model number and make, it'll make it possible to answer your question in more depth.

First off, you need to know the impedence of your speakers. The 6x9's are almost definatly four ohm speakers and chances are that the subs in your bass box are four ohm as well. If your amp has two channels, each channel will see a 2 ohm load by wiring the speakers in parallel. If your amp won't run at two ohms stereo, you can wire them in series for an 8 ohm load.

If it's a four channel amp, just plug one speaker into each channel and you're set. Speakers don't need anywhere near their rated RMS to sound good, so don't worry if your amp doesn't put out as much power as the speakers say they will take. Chances are they won't take as much power as they say they will anyway.

Finally, just because speakers are rated for more power doesn't mean they'll be louder, it just means that they have a higher thermal tolerance. If you want your speakers to be louder, you'll need a bigger amp. It sounds to me like you're pretty new to the whole car audio thing, so my best suggestion to you would be to read up on amps and speakers on this and other forums before you make a choice. A lot of times newbies get taken by salesmen because they're uninformed consumers.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.