You Know Those Uninstall Keys ... ?

ss3079
5,000+ posts

Eh Dere Hi Dere Ho-ser
Up North
Yeah ... you know them - the little metal dude's that come with your head unit ... has everyone been getting them? Specifically with Alpine units? There's been a few people asking me lately why the haven't recieved their uninstall clips in their box.

Personally, I think the shop that sold it to them took them out of the box, so they have to pay them to uninstall it ... good way to make money, also a good way to get in a argument and get beat on.

- Steve

yhe, not a bad idea to scam people outa their ten bucks.. i cant beleive a big chain like CC or Best Buy would ever do it..
I know ... I told them to march in there demanding their uninstall clip things ... after all, they did in fact pay for them.

- Steve

A lot of the newer hu's from alpine and eclipse don't require the keys to release the jackets. Its simply a levrl ...you just remove the trim and use a small srewdriver to wedge the lever.

Me and my friend got his out easily (when his mom's car died)...you take the face off and push a button and it slid out. Was a good deck too...gave it to her BF //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif.

- pe@ce

youve got a bunch of them at home and so does everyone else, they are called 'hangers'
My hangers are pretty and covered in some fabric stuff //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Besides, it's out lol.

- Steve

Best Buy just did it to my buddy the other day. I was helping him with a sub install, and he checked his box for his Pioneer HU, and the keys were gone...We went back up to Best Buy, told them what was up and how the keys were missing for a HU he had just purchased not too long ago (showed receipt and everything), and asked for some, since they were supposed to be in there. They gave us a line of bs saying that all they had were OEM keys, since they "never really do work on aftermarket hu's". What a load of crap. So, we went up to Circuit City where my friend works; he couldn't believe what Best Buy did and just gave us two keys. He even confirmed that they have to have the after market keys (as if that wasn't obvious). It was obvious that the guy was lying anyways...There's just something I have never liked about the car audio people at Best Buy. At all....

Best Buy just did it to my buddy the other day. I was helping him with a sub install, and he checked his box for his Pioneer HU, and the keys were gone...We went back up to Best Buy, told them what was up and how the keys were missing for a HU he had just purchased not too long ago (showed receipt and everything), and asked for some, since they were supposed to be in there. They gave us a line of bs saying that all they had were OEM keys, since they "never really do work on aftermarket hu's". What a load of crap. So, we went up to Circuit City where my friend works; he couldn't believe what Best Buy did and just gave us two keys. He even confirmed that they have to have the after market keys (as if that wasn't obvious). It was obvious that the guy was lying anyways...There's just something I have never liked about the car audio people at Best Buy. At all....
Yeah, although I would take BB over CC anyday.. ..I can't stand their Car Audio Department.. ..oh yeah.. why pay $1o when you gots your hangers.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Yeah, although I would take BB over CC anyday.. ..I can't stand their Car Audio Department.. ..oh yeah.. why pay $1o when you gots your hangers.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
why would you chose best buys audio department over circuit citys? you like crunch over mtx? jensen over alpine?

you should be slapped

Haha...
I think that CC's car audio dept. has some respectable stuff (i.e. Alpine, etc.)
Whats best buys best brand? pioneer? and its not even premier... well at least i havent seen any. And their car audio section is sparse.

Whats best buys best brand? pioneer? and its not even premier... well at least i havent seen any. And their car audio section is sparse.
I think it's ...

Best Buy - Power Acoustik, Pioneer, Sony, JVC, Jensen, Kenwood, R/T, Rockford Fosgate, Lightning Audio, Audiovox, and Epik. [JL Audio?]

vs.

Circuit City - Profile, Polk Audio, Pioneer, Kenwood, Audiovox, MTX, Bazooka, Sony, Infinity, Alpine, Panasonic, Q-Logic, Aiwa, and Harman Kardon. [stinger? Lightning Audio?]

But it's not like I'm ever in there ... :p

- Steve

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.