Help me pick a Double Din please

big_a
10+ year member

Earth
Hey guys. Ive been out of the loop for a while and am jumping back in the car audio world. Basically starting off with a double din for my 2000 Lexus ES. I had an Alpine a few years ago and was impressed with the sound but did not like so many audio options. This is basically what I'm looking for

Non Navigation

Plays DVDs and cds

Preferably a volume knob and not buttons on the unit

Of course great sound

Doesn't have a million audio options to choose from that will confuse a novice

A cool background to choose from would be nice but that's not something I need haha. My old Alpine was very plain and dull when playing songs

$400 limit. Any recommendations?? Thank you

With that list of requests I can strongly recommend Clarion VX404. It retails for $399, it has a good feeling volume knob, and it's easy to use. If you'd like I can help you get all the parts you need to install it, plus the radio.

thanks Trumpet. I also forgot to ask if there are double dins that don't have to slide forward to insert and remove discs? It would be nice if I could just slide them in like single dins. Also one that has good quality when watching movies

thanks Trumpet. I also forgot to ask if there are double dins that don't have to slide forward to insert and remove discs? It would be nice if I could just slide them in like single dins. Also one that has good quality when watching movies
VX404 has an excellent 6.2" screen. Having a volume knob means the screen doesn't move, at least in every head unit I've seen.

Well I am also looking for one with Time Alignment. Is it possible to find one in my price range with that? I want great sound quality

So I plan to put a component system up front with an amp pushing those, 1 or 2 12s in the trunk. I upgraded my budget to $500. How is the Alpine IVE-W530? I really want a volume knob and not the buttons.

Keep Hope Alive where are you!?

dude the new pioneer double dins for 2015 have network mode, which give TA, and other great eq options. and they are all under $400, starting at $259.99 check them on sonic! avh-x2700,3700,4700,5700.all on cyber monday specials!

The new Pioneer 2700-4700BS are NICE!

Lots of sound quality features with them. (auto time alignment, 3 way active, 13 band EQ, 24bit D/A converter)

Lots of backgrounds (you can upload your own background)

HD radio

Anti glare screen

4v outputs

bluetooth

Mirrorlink

$299.99 for the 3700

4700 will lose the HD radio but has a 7" screen (6.2" on others) and its motorized faceplate to insert DVD/CD

2700 has no HD radio.

The new Pioneer 2700-4700BS are NICE! Lots of sound quality features with them. (auto time alignment, 3 way active, 13 band EQ, 24bit D/A converter)

Lots of backgrounds (you can upload your own background)

HD radio

Anti glare screen

4v outputs

bluetooth

Mirrorlink

$299.99 for the 3700

4700 will lose the HD radio but has a 7" screen (6.2" on others) and its motorized faceplate to insert DVD/CD

2700 has no HD radio.
3700 is what I'm about to buy, you know what service credit is?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.