Help me pick a Double Din please

3700 is what I'm about to buy, you know what service credit is?
Not sure. Have to call them.

Im picking up the 3700 for my mom for christmas. Buddies GF is getting him the 2700 and I'm thinking about the 3700 or 4700. I have a great head unit and don't need a new one but I can't help but want to buy one of these.

I've had bad experience with Pioneer in the past. One of my single dins just died one day out of no where. This was at least 10 years ago. Are their double dins good quality??

Ok I'm looking at those Pioneers. I don't like how theres no volume knob //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I know the buttons on the button look clean and flush but I'm just a big fan of the knob.

I will never use HD radio so no concern. The 4700 and it's 7 in screen is a huge plus.

I don't get what you mean by motorized faceplate Popwar? Don't all of these models pop out to insert discs?

Also how would the video quality be on the Pioneers? I know some double dins are LCD but not sure if that's the best technology out for the little screens

Also how would the video quality be on the Pioneers? I know some double dins are LCD but not sure if that's the best technology out for the little screens
They're all LCD screens regardless of brand. Pixel count and brightness and contrast will vary. There are the rare glass overlay models such as Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX and Alpine ILX-007 that offer a more premium finish. Touch response will vary as well. The best LCD screen I've seen in terms of color and contrast, other than 8000NEX, was on Precision Power P771NX, but that head unit is a dud overall and it must be avoided.

I recently changed from Pioneer AVH-4000NEX to Clarion VX404. It's really nice having that volume knob to make snap changes.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.