Help me improve!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Pimpala

Hello, this is my first post on here. Basically awhile ago I told my friend I wanted subwoofers and he ordered everything for me and I just paid him. After I got them though I started learning a lot more on my own about car audio in general. Anyways I have 2 Kenwood KFC-W3013PS and a Planet Audio AC2000.2 two channel amp. I'm basically looking for 2 12 or 15 inch subs and an amp to replace them. Quality is meaningful but I basically want to just bump as loud as I can for my money, I want my 04 Impala to rattle like an earthquake. I am looking to spend $500-$600 on both the subs and then however much a matching amp would cost for those. Thanks for your help!

how much space do you have to work with? What car? Is a custom ported enclosure included in that budget?

if your really want to get decently loud on the cheap and have a good amount of trunk space to work with, just spend 120$ more and add 2 more of those KFC subs you have and spend the rest on a good amp. like Q1-2200D (extremely worth it) and upgrade subs later if you want but you should get pretty **** loud with 4 12s in a trunk this is a video from @basswiigee ; one of the forum members that ran 4 of those exact subs you have in a sealed enclosure(easy and cheap to build) and it gets down pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtyFmWXI94U&list=LLCQ1MqkfSOcRep6vDFWsWxg

That planet audio amp is pure junk and doesn't even come close to making 1/4 of its RMS power claims.
Always start with a quality amp first then subs later. You'll need a 0 gauge install kit for the amp and then a big 3 upgrade(google/youtube this up) later on when you get more money.

^^^pretty much what he said. Lol! I've got a feeling that you have the Kenwoods in a prefab sealed box and that POS amp on them and wondering why you're getting no output? You'd probably be happy just getting a custom ported box and a new amp that actually does around 800 @ 2 ohm and you'd be happy. At least for a while.

Would a hifonics Zeus ZRX3200.1D with a 3200 watt output at 1 ohm be able to power 4 4 ohm SVC kenwood subs? Because my friend said he would basically give me his so I would like to use it, just need to know how I would wire it if it could power 4 of them once I upgraded from my current 2.

Here's an easy wiring guide for you: JL Audio » header » Support » Tutorials » Tutorial: Wiring Single Voice Coil (SVC) Subwoofer Drivers I'm assuming the Kenwoods are single voice coil 4 ohm correct? If so, looks like you'd be at a final 1 ohm load. That Hifonics is actually a little too much amp for the Kenwoods. Get something that can do around 1600-2000 @ 1 ohm as the Kenwoods are rated for 400 rms a piece and aren't known to be very underrated. Also, don't look at peak wattage. Look at the rms wattage. That includes subs and amplifiers. You're also getting into the area where you're going to have to beef up your electrical. 1600 watts is quite a bit depending on your car's alternator. You'll need to at least do the Big 3, use 0 gauge all around and maybe an extra battery or two.

that amp on those 4 kenwoods, is a zrx2000 1500w rms, the single voice coils kenwood are 400 each i would go much over that.... they were awesomely loud, they loved sealed boxes, if you go ported they tend to bottom out, an dif you go highfonics make sure you watch your voltage or beef up they are hogs..... try to find a decent amp I think a brutus 1700 would be better.... still a power hog a nice 2k would be nice or a discus1500 would do nicely too...

If I were to go with 2 of those hdc312's instead what amp would be best?
the amp that i suggested... it will get expensive but you wont have to pour soo much into electrical upgrades. You gotta know, its not how powerful the sub looks that will get you loud.. if you dont have good power to feed it, your dreams of getting loud will soon be short lived. The thing is when you go with cheap budget amps like the ZRX3200.1D, your going to spend extra money on upgrading your electrical charging system because these amps are inefficient and are big power hogs meaning bad voltages and bad voltages means blown equipment. All that means is your gonna need to spend money on an extra battery which is around around 120-200$, big 3 upgrade kit 80$.

I normally would not touch the Zues series from hifonics but if your getting it for FREE from your friend, then thats cool go for it. That zrx3200.1d will probably do 1800-2000 actual rms with voltages above 14v. if he's charging you anything over 200, i would not buy it. Spend the rest on the amp kit, box, big 3 kit and an extra battery if you can. Whatever you do, just never waste money on a capacitor.

other budget amps that are better quality then the ZRX would be the BRX series from hifonics, belva BB5000, precision power black ice 1800 or if you can find a used one, ct sounds at 1400 (a lot better then the other three i just listed)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.