Help me choose an amp please.

I live my life 1 ohm at a time
I'm thinking about adding that to my sig...

Sig dibs just in case.

Zed and Audison are in a different price range than the amplifier manufacturers i mentioned, costing more at a lower power ratings (not saying that makes them bad, but keep in mind the OP wants the best bang for his buck). As for helix and brax ive never heard of and i think many would disagree with you that Rockford is on the same level as kicker (youd probably get kicked out of the SMD forum for saying that [emoji1] ). And no, not all "underground" amplifier manufacturers are good. However the ones ive mentioned have proven to live up to their price range and rated power (proven).
SMD is for fegs

Zed and Audison are in a different price range than the amplifier manufacturers i mentioned, costing more at a lower power ratings (not saying that makes them bad, but keep in mind the OP wants the best bang for his buck). As for helix and brax ive never heard of and i think many would disagree with you that Rockford is on the same level as kicker (youd probably get kicked out of the SMD forum for saying that [emoji1] ). And no, not all "underground" amplifier manufacturers are good. However the ones ive mentioned have proven to live up to their price range and rated power (proven).
Well SQ2200 proved to not quite do rated. Sooo. I don't go on SMD so I don't have to worry about that but yes they are on the same level. They both lack function but make power. At least kicker has a gain knob not bass boost. And they are all Chinese. If you have never heard of Helix and Brax you need to get out more, there is more to audio than POWA

Well SQ2200 proved to not quite do rated. Sooo. I don't go on SMD so I don't have to worry about that but yes they are on the same level. They both lack function but make power. At least kicker has a gain knob not bass boost. And they are all Chinese. If you have never heard of Helix and Brax you need to get out more, there is more to audio than POWA
You are forgetting what the OP wants, yet again. He is doing an SPL build, therefore the more power for the money the better

You are forgetting what the OP wants, yet again. He is doing an SPL build, therefore the more power for the money the better
How do you know he's doing an SPL build? Also, everyone uses the term "SPL build" lightly. SPL builds are tuned high and wired lo. They usually sound like crap, and are made for the sole purpose of db numbers. When most people say they want an SPL build, they mean loud.

Some SPL builds are made for bass races and stuff. Getting loud at lower frequencies and still sounding relatively flat takes a lot of ca$h

How do you know he's doing an SPL build? Also, everyone uses the term "SPL build" lightly. SPL builds are tuned high and wired lo. They usually sound like crap, and are made for the sole purpose of db numbers. When most people say they want an SPL build, they mean loud.
Some SPL builds are made for bass races and stuff. Getting loud at lower frequencies and still sounding relatively flat takes a lot of ca$h
Im getting my threads confused. Wrong one. Still, spl is more of a universal term in car audio as meaning the opposite of sq (i know it is used lightly and somewhat incorrectly but it is a term most get and are used to even when talking about a cheap build that is meant to get loud rather than sound good)

Im getting my threads confused. Wrong one. Still, spl is more of a universal term in car audio as meaning the opposite of sq (i know it is used lightly and somewhat incorrectly but it is a term most get and are used to even when talking about a cheap build that is meant to get loud rather than sound good)
Yes, and SQ does not mean sounding good. It is a flat (or as close to flat as possible) frequency response. This may not "sound good" to everyone, depending on their musical taste and personal preference.

dont forget to lump hifonics in with that bunch.

damping factor and efficiency says otherwise
Oh no, you lumped Soundqubed in with Hifonics! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hide.gif.2d479cfd917eedfe201353b91522ceab.gif

You're right, .25 is much better for efficiency! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Oh no, you lumped Soundqubed in with Hifonics! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hide.gif.2d479cfd917eedfe201353b91522ceab.gif
You're right, .25 is much better for efficiency! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif
Boss amps = 99% eff @ .24 ohms son. Get rekt sundown

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.