1 ohm stable amplifiers under $300??? Sundown, DC, Soundqubed, RE?

Participant count
  • Participant list
I've been looking for a month or two at brands such as sundown, dc audio, soundqubed, re audio, etc, and all I keep finding is conflicting reviews on what or who is the best. I have an alpine swr-12d2, and all I want to do is find an amplifier that it will work well with at 1 ohm, for under $300. I've heard you can also get an amplifier that has a higher rms rating than the sub, but just keep the gain turned down, so I was looking into that as a possible too just incase I would decide to add another sub or upgrade the sub at a later date. Also, the alternator in the car is the stock 105-110 amp in a Buick, but there's a yellow top optima battery under the hood. So running at 1 ohm, would I have to do any other upgrades such as the big 3 or not? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

I've been looking for a month or two at brands such as sundown, dc audio, soundqubed, re audio, etc, and all I keep finding is conflicting reviews on what or who is the best. I have an alpine swr-12d2, and all I want to do is find an amplifier that it will work well with at 1 ohm, for under $300. I've heard you can also get an amplifier that has a higher rms rating than the sub, but just keep the gain turned down, so I was looking into that as a possible too just incase I would decide to add another sub or upgrade the sub at a later date. Also, the alternator in the car is the stock 105-110 amp in a Buick, but there's a yellow top optima battery under the hood. So running at 1 ohm, would I have to do any other upgrades such as the big 3 or not? Any help would be appreciated, thanks
big 3 and you should be fine. all those are great companies pick whatever fits your budget and you like. as for getting a powerful amp and getting another sub down the future you kinda wont be able to unless you get a HO alternator and upgrade to 1/0 wiring and second batt. so if you want to keep stock electrical and be SAFE keep it around1k rms.

definately do the big 3 itsll help. make proper bolted down grounds, and set your gains correctly.

soundqubedd 1200, sundown has numerous 1k amps out there, dc has a 1200, theres also american bass, crescendo, therers plenty to choose from since you got a D2 sub.

Thanks for the quick replies guys. @C1500martin, those other brands you mentioned are all great brands too. Now, another question. I have 4 gauge ofc power and ground wires, would I need to upgrade them for one of these amps or is the 4awg ok? It has an 80 amp inline fuse, and the Sundown I was looking at (Sae-1000d) has 3 40 amp fuses in it, so that combo can't be good..

[quote name='Ace87']Thanks for the quick replies guys. @C1500martin, those other brands you mentioned are all great brands too. Now, another question. I have 4 gauge ofc power and ground wires, would I need to upgrade them for one of these amps or is the 4awg ok? It has an 80 amp inline fuse, and the Sundown I was looking at (Sae-1000d) has 3 40 amp fuses in it, so that combo can't be good..[/QUOTE]

you fuse for the wire not the amp, so if it REALLY is 4 gauge ofc get a bigger fuse 150A. 80A is for cca. i run both types the ofc in my car, cca in my truck and thats how i have it fused. i also run your power around 1k for my sub stages. 4 gauge is fine as long as it quality 4 gauge.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.