Help me build the most amzing SQ setup

Donewithaudio
10+ year member

Dubai
AS the title says. I am working on building the highest end sound quality system available to man.

I want precision, clarity, and good frequency extension for the low end spectrum, a true mid bass driver and a Soft tweeter.

I prefer sealed and would like a class A/B sound quality for my woofer amp and to run my mids (IB)

In addition, I base rms as an enemy. The more you use to produce good sound, the less experienced you are... in SQ terms.

However I can say I want to keep it below 1500rms

My budget is 10k

Brands I consider.

Rainbow

DLS

Image dynamics

Mcintosh

I would appreciate some help, especially from the mods, who know there stuff, way more than i do.

10k might be a good start on a sq build but there is alot more to having the "best sq system known to man" then just money and "best brands".

Check this website out, this is a local Pro SQ guy (I know him personally) and his car is probably one if not the best sounding car I have ever heard period. This guy takes home first place and rightfully so, he has thousands of hours of install, modification and fabrication and placement time in this T-bird.

And his hu source and processsing isnt even car audio!

If you want the best SQ system you got a lot of research and reading to do.

Oh and the 2 JL w6 12's you will see are not even used in competition mind you!

Good luck!

Welcome Page

$10k is a good budget, no doubt. And you can sound great if about half of that is installation by a professional who builds successful competition cars. If you're going to DIY and you're a seasoned installer, then only 1/4 of your budget is install and you can get better gear.

McIntosh and DLS are the only brands on that list that would go into a build of that caliber. Focal and Dynaudio have a lot to offer in the speaker/sub area.

The vehicle will determine the platform and you'll have to decide what you are willing to sacrifice for speaker placement.

To get the most out of that $10k, you need to read and research for a while. Couple months at least before you can really get your feet wet. There are so many options out there, you need to narrow down your preferences and pick based on that. You can do a very nice sounding SQ install for less than $1k or over $100k. It depends on what you're willing to trade off in some instances. Is a high powered, small footprint, highly efficient, name brand amp important to you? Expect to pay a lot for it, for example.

I appreciate all the input. The car would be a Bentley Continental GT. However, Like a few of you pointed out, i have been out of the game for years, so I definitely need to the research again.

Maybe, a good start would be to name companies that I should start looking into..

If you think you're going to have great sound by throwing money at elite snobophile equipment you're sadly mistaken. The key is in the hours of prep and tuning and tweaking. The most dominant factor of how a speaker performs is the room you put it in (or car in our case). You can either modify your car around the audio system or modify the audio system around the specific accoustic challenges of that car (or probably a combination of both).

You should take a look at madisound.com for raw drivers. I've seen quite a few of the popular ones in action and I've heard some fantastic installs with the 600$ a pair stuff and the 50$ a pair stuff. SEAS and Scan Speak are two of the bigger hard-ons in the SQ scene, but Vifa makes some find drivers as do a few of the others. The good thing about most of these brands on there is that a lot of DIY guys use them for home and car and have some very critical reviews.

If it were me doing a low powered build like that I'd look for one of the old school super limited edition multichannel amps (frank-amp-n-stein, original Route 66, etc.) I'm currently running the Zed Aduio Leviathan which I'd highly reccomend for a one amp solultion if you need that kind of power.

Cliff notes:

Shop madisound for components and plan to throw 20% of your budget into equipment, 50% into install, then have the other 30% left over to modify/tweak what you have until you're happy.

if you really want to get into sq then time will be your best friend, 1000's of hours tuning and tweeking.

i still dont see how your going to be able to stand sitting in a competition caliber sq machine when you have to sit in a dark room and cant stand any sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.