Help me build a high end system!

mspiredm3

I used to be a HUGE audiophile, but that was about 15 years ago, and well, I'm sure lots has changed! Back then, I used and loved Eclipse Aluminum subs, MB Quart's top of the line speakers, Apline headunits and EQ's, and PPI amps (before they sold, to RF I believe).

I just picked up a 2015 Tundra and I am looking to install a top quality sound system. Help me decide what is best for my needs!

Limiting factors and needs:

The subs will go behind the back seats. I can fit two 10", 12" or 13" subs. I am leaning towards the two 12's. Mounting depth is limited to 3.5". So far, what seems best here would be the Apline SWR-T12.

Front Speaker & Rear speakers will be 6.5" with a max mounting depth of 2.95, or 3.2 with a spacer.

Head unit, not sure right now as the OEM one offers so many features... not sure if I want to change it out (I know SQ will suffer). What options do I have here?

Amps: Hearing the Apline subs can handle a good amount of power (if I decide to get them), want to throw at least 600w to each. JL 1200/1v3?

A matching amp for the components would would be needed of course

DEFINITELY want some sort of EQ as well!

Ready, set, go!

Thanks guys!

whats your budget? you can go alot more high end than what you have stated. depending your budget of course becasue "high end audiphile" can cost more than your truck... start with a processor that integrates to the factory system so you can keep the factory stereo.

whatch this.

My opinion isnt worth much but with the help of a few members here I was able to do this with 1 sub and a box I built myself with plans that I got from here.

Sub and amp combo cost me $390. Obviously its a poor diy, but like you I was out of the game for a decade and spent more than double to get what I got out of this setup 10 years ago. A lot has changed.

buy all the highend stuff I have for sale and youll be set lol. Morel Ovations, CDT EF-120 woofers, ARC 2500 XXK to run it. Wanna get crazy get the DXE. I'll make ya a deal on all of it

Be carfull u can spend endless money try to achive your goals i had good head unit two high end subs high end comps 2 high end amps still didnt anywhere fulfill my needs. I didnt in stall it though so maybe it was it was never tuned right . One more thing highend 6x9 in rear deck.

I used to be a HUGE audiophile, but that was about 15 years ago, and well, I'm sure lots has changed! Back then, I used and loved Eclipse Aluminum subs, MB Quart's top of the line speakers, Apline headunits and EQ's, and PPI amps (before they sold, to RF I believe).
I just picked up a 2015 Tundra and I am looking to install a top quality sound system. Help me decide what is best for my needs!

Limiting factors and needs:

The subs will go behind the back seats. I can fit two 10", 12" or 13" subs. I am leaning towards the two 12's. Mounting depth is limited to 3.5". So far, what seems best here would be the Apline SWR-T12.

Front Speaker & Rear speakers will be 6.5" with a max mounting depth of 2.95, or 3.2 with a spacer.

Head unit, not sure right now as the OEM one offers so many features... not sure if I want to change it out (I know SQ will suffer). What options do I have here?

Amps: Hearing the Apline subs can handle a good amount of power (if I decide to get them), want to throw at least 600w to each. JL 1200/1v3?

A matching amp for the components would would be needed of course

DEFINITELY want some sort of EQ as well!

Ready, set, go!

Thanks guys!
Yeah, what's your budget? Without one and saying "high end" we can set you up with a critical mass sub, some tru amps and rainbow reference comps for a casual total of almost $20k. Btw where in LA are you? I have a decent setup, I can give you a listen.

Glad came on this site wish i did before i purchased my subs. i bought two 10" subs critical mass ss102. Hope i dont get blasted but got them for reasonable price on ebay. These are not super expensive . Paid around 320.00 a sub plus shipping to canada . Wish i bought two sa 12" sundowns.

Glad came on this site wish i did before i purchased my subs. i bought two 10" subs critical mass ss102. Hope i dont get blasted but got them for reasonable price on ebay. These are not super expensive . Paid around 320.00 a sub plus shipping to canada . Wish i bought two sa 12" sundowns.
I bet you wish you bought those Sundowns. My 12" CDTs crush those critical mass and I think im asking $200 for them. We've all done it somewhere at sometime bro

whats your budget? you can go alot more high end than what you have stated. depending your budget of course becasue "high end audiphile" can cost more than your truck... start with a processor that integrates to the factory system so you can keep the factory stereo.
whatch this.

Let's start with 5k on hardware and see how far I get lol. Idk why I set a budget... I always go over... lol

I like the Audison processor route. In fact, the whole Audison lineup looks attractive.

Need a processor. Also need a good install, because without it no amount of money thrown at hardware is going to matter.

For subs, if you need shallow look at Stereo Integrity. If you can wait, he's developing the BM mkV's right now. There are many amps you can look at, but Zapco Z-series LX's, Ground Zero, Mosconi, Audison are all good.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.