Help!!!!!!!!!!!! Low wattage single 12" green amp light pulsing/protect mode

So I've had my sub installed for a couple months, no problems. A few days ago right after school I blew a 25 amp fuse. Replaced it, blew again shortly after. Didn't think too much of it. I tried 4 other amps, and the same thing would happen, but no fuse blown. It would just hit protect. Sound is coming from my sub. I checked all connections, using a 4 gauge power wire and an 8 gauge ground. I tried different brand new rcas, but it doesn't do it when the rcas are unplugged. Has a steady green light when unplugged. Sub is 2 ohm, and not grounding anywhere. Now, even with the gain almost all the way down, it'll hit protect every 10 20 seconds. The sub seems to work, just not getting the right power. Truck is a diesel with 2 batteries, just replaced the alternator after it went with 260k miles. Amp is receiving 14 volts. When I try and check the ohms of power and ground my multimeter shuts off? My dad is a mechanic and owns his own shop but he never has time to look at it, or figure it out. I checked the remote which seemed a tad loose in the butt connector, so I redid that with no change. It can't be the amp, or the sub, and the wiring seems sound.... I'm about to tear it all out and re do it.

check your grounds of amps ... make sure you sanded the paint away ' make sure nothing is loose .. what kind of fuse do you have coming from your battery? 150a 250a 300?

I'm using a 4 gauge power wire from the battery to amp, 100 amp fuse by battery. 8 gauge ground wire grounded to a pretty well stripped piece of chassis. I re did the remote wire connection to the head unit along with making sure the 100 amp fuse was tight now all I get between protect mode is like 3 thumps from the sub....earlier it was playing the right bass and everything but it was just hitting protect.. I'm thinking I'm going to need to re wire..

It worked so well for a while when grounded to a seat bolt. I moved ground and tried pretty much everything in the past week and it seems to only be worse now. I tested amps, every single one I tried did the same thing, I tested resistance on my sub, sitting at 1.9 2.1 ohms. But just earlier it was acting like it wasn't getting enough power, the green light was weak for 10 secs then protect mode. Now whenever the green light comes on the sub thumps weirdly and goes straight to protect.... I don't know wtf is up. I'm not dumb I powder coat and know about ground ect.

What amp are you using? Is the sub wired to 1, 2 or 4 ohm? I'm not sure if you have a single 2 or dual 2 sub. Check your fuse connection in the engine bay for loose/corroded wires.

So, you tried 4 different amps and they are all doing it, so that rules out the amp. You have 4 gauge power from battery but an 8 gauge ground. Might try a 4 gauge ground, may not fix the problem but a good idea to do anyway. What stands out to me is you said with the RCA cables unplugged from the amp, the amp stays on steady. You said you tried different RCA cables though. Just to completely rule them out, try connecting an ipod or phone something directly to the amp with one of those 3.5mm to RCA adapters and see what the amp/sub do.

Like This One

It's a crossfire 150w x2 amp. Sub is a Memphis 2 ohm. All of my buddies have been saying there is too many amps and too much power, which is what is sending the amp to protect. The truck is a diesel with 2 batteries, and problems began right after changing out the alternator.

Sounds to me like the speaker leads are shorting. Either your wire has failed or your sub is failing. If you can get your hands on another sub to test and run fresh wire that'll tell you. Otherwise examine the wire to your sub very closely.

I just had almost the same issue and fixed about two hours ago. Went on an hour drive to be sure they were fine.

But upgrade to a larger fuse by your battery post. This helped me

Hope it works for you. Spend the little extraa and get a bigger stronger fuse and replace the one that came with wiring kit. Shoot for large size!!

I just had almost the same issue and fixed about two hours ago. Went on an hour drive to be sure they were fine.
But upgrade to a larger fuse by your battery post. This helped me

Hope it works for you. Spend the little extraa and get a bigger stronger fuse and replace the one that came with wiring kit. Shoot for large size!!
Do you have a diesel with 2 batteries? Wouldn't a higher fuse let more current and amperage through? And the 100 amp that's in there has never blown just the fuse on the amp

No il the fuze between the battery and amp. Not fuse on amp. It usually comes with like 60 amp. I think that's kinda small easi3r to blow if your pushing big bass

Yeah there's a 100 amp on there right now that's never blown. I don't know why having a larger fuse would help with my problem
Could someone answer that question? If I'm not blowing any fuses now, how would upgrading to a larger fuse benefit me in this problem? Sub still isn't working. Probably gonna **** with it after school

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.