Help lol

Participant count
  • Participants list

21gsmith

CarAudio.com Newbie
Danville
So I’m 18 and my brother gave me 2 alpine 10” sun type r he got them a long long long time ago so they are the older model or whatever. I got a skar 1500 watt amp and a 4 gauge 1500 wiring kit. I hooked it up and it worked really good and was super loud at first. But no I hear like a lil popping sound or crackle when a certain beat hits or something. I looked at the back of the amp and everything was maxed out. Gain, bass eq, sub sonic,and lpf are all maxed out. I was thinking that was probably the problem but kind of confused on why it didn’t make that noise at first unless I blown something or broke something. So if you have any recommendations let me know l.

You learned a good lesson. The settings on an amp are not for volume. They are to match the incoming signal. Just don’t buy Skar subs to replace the blown ones 😂

You are clipping the ever living **** out of them and they finally couldn't take it anymore.
That video is what it sounds like with bass eq maxed out but when I turn it all the way down it doesn’t make that sound.

Attachments

• trim.F0CF6473-FDA6-49C3-8681-C3819F4AF96C.MOV
    831 KB
  • IMG_3256.MP4
    7.4 MB
You are clipping the ever living **** out of them and they finally couldn't take it anymore.
Any idea on what they should be set at ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    702.9 KB · Views: 65
You learned a good lesson. The settings on an amp are not for volume. They are to match the incoming signal. Just don’t buy Skar subs to replace the blown ones 😂
They don’t make that sound with the eq all the way down. Guess that’s what was causing it ?

Attachments

• IMG_3258.MP4
    15.9 MB
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.