Help lol

21gsmith

CarAudio.com Newbie
Mar 3, 2021
Danville
So I’m 18 and my brother gave me 2 alpine 10” sun type r he got them a long long long time ago so they are the older model or whatever. I got a skar 1500 watt amp and a 4 gauge 1500 wiring kit. I hooked it up and it worked really good and was super loud at first. But no I hear like a lil popping sound or crackle when a certain beat hits or something. I looked at the back of the amp and everything was maxed out. Gain, bass eq, sub sonic,and lpf are all maxed out. I was thinking that was probably the problem but kind of confused on why it didn’t make that noise at first unless I blown something or broke something. So if you have any recommendations let me know l.

21gsmith

CarAudio.com Newbie
Mar 3, 2021
Danville
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds like a sub is blown.
I hope you changes the settings
That’s what I thought but it only happens on certain songs and at certain times. It’s not like it constantly happens. But does that still mean it’s blown ?

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
\ Gain, bass eq, sub sonic,and lpf are all maxed out.
You are clipping the ever living shit out of them and they finally couldn't take it anymore.

Reactions: Clifff150

Clifff150

Senior VIP Member
Jan 10, 2012
Texas
You learned a good lesson. The settings on an amp are not for volume. They are to match the incoming signal. Just don’t buy Skar subs to replace the blown ones 😂

21gsmith

CarAudio.com Newbie
Mar 3, 2021
Danville
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You learned a good lesson. The settings on an amp are not for volume. They are to match the incoming signal. Just don’t buy Skar subs to replace the blown ones 😂
They don’t make that sound with the eq all the way down. Guess that’s what was causing it ?

Attachments

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
Any idea on what they should be set at ?
Bass EQ. Off
Gain. Set to headunits RCA output voltage.
LPF. 80-100hz
SSF. Depends on the box specs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds