Help installing multiple batteries and amps.

Participant count
  • Participant list

blarg456

MA
Sup folks, Long time basshead and finally installing a real system in my 05 Silverado ext cab. I thought I had everything figured out but I have run into more questions than answers. Here is a run down of most of what I'm installing.

2 Orion HCCA 15's

2 Orion XTR 2500.1D

1 XS Power D3400

2 XS Power XP3000

Mechman 370a alt

Basically i'm stuck at how to wire everything up. I got the batteries all wired in parallel with double runs of 2/0 copper welding cable.

Now should I wire each amp to it's own battery or use distribution blocks? Should I ground the amps to the batteries, distro block or to the body/frame?

Also since I have two positive wires running to the back, would it be better to run a wire to each positive terminal in the back so they charge evenly?

Just trying to make sure things get wired up correctly before this thing goes live. Any input would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!

Sup folks, Long time basshead and finally installing a real system in my 05 Silverado ext cab. I thought I had everything figured out but I have run into more questions than answers. Here is a run down of most of what I'm installing.
2 Orion HCCA 15's

2 Orion XTR 2500.1D

1 XS Power D3400

2 XS Power XP3000

Mechman 370a alt

Basically i'm stuck at how to wire everything up. I got the batteries all wired in parallel with double runs of 2/0 copper welding cable.

Now should I wire each amp to it's own battery or use distribution blocks? Should I ground the amps to the batteries, distro block or to the body/frame?

Also since I have two positive wires running to the back, would it be better to run a wire to each positive terminal in the back so they charge evenly?

Just trying to make sure things get wired up correctly before this thing goes live. Any input would be greatly appreciated, Thanks!
Take your pick, it really shouldn't matter. Do whatever makes sense logistically for you, all things being equal whichever way you go should work assuming your wiring is up to snuff and you can find/prepare good ground points. I've done all of these things depending on the build with fine results.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.