Help installing a kicker hideaway to stock stereo!

Participant count
  • Participants list

Johnpaul

CarAudio.com Newbie
Ohio
I recently purchased the 8" Kicker Hideaway to put into my 2020 Jeep Compass Limited. I didn't want anything crazy and can't take up much room so decided to go this route.
My question is in the installation. It has it's own wiring harness. Aside from power and ground It has a remote wire and has 4 speaker wires (left +- and right +-). There is no RCA on my stock radio and instructions call for you to just tap into the existing speaker wires.
I was told if I tapped into these speaker wires that I would not have to use the remote wire. Is this true?
My next question is tapping into the existing speaker wires. I am placing the sub under my front passenger seat. It says you can connect to either the front or rear speakers and just change the input level on the amp. How do I identify which wires are which in the car? The kicker comes with instructions on which wire is which from the harness but I cannot find any information on speaker wire coloring for my Jeep. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Contact Crutchfield.com and ask them if they have a T-harness to fit your need. It should be similar to this:

Attachments

• 1610345284065.png
    1610345284065.png
    60.4 KB · Views: 135
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.