Help finding good amp?

Looks like you got the amp for your doors already

I would run separate amps for those boxes...the one with the piezo tweets looks like an old school full range box

Last edited:
it’s nothing much, just a shitty little one from Bestbuy I got years ago. Also the kickers are 4ohms and the JBLs are from the 90’s, GT122series
Looks like a decent HU. Its Basic of which I like myself. It says it is 4v, and you have 2 sets of RCAs to use for sub duty and front speakers which should work just fine. make sure that the power is OFF when hooking up any amplifier or RCAs or wiring so you do not blow the PICO FUSE inside the HU itself. I would run the Kickers for now and get a decent amp to push those and should wire to 2 Ohms, until you decide to perchase some other subs and a nice tuned enclosure? Id check each sub to see if they are within limitations of Ohms value to see if they are good. Utilize what you have now and save for what you want.Keep the 6x9s in the rear for passengers is just fine and fills the cavity. Find some Bass Blockers for them on Ebay and put those in and run off HU and use an amp on fronts and subs be my choice. Can always add an EQ and get signal to a 4 ch for rear front and sub for as little as $50 bucks and be able to Fine tune music at your finger tips. of which I like myself. Polk Audio MM series are some really nice components for the $ up front.

I think the plan I’m going to go with is with TeamPie and get 2 of their TP1500.2D, couldn’t find some on ebay or facebook near me but their prices aren’t too bad to be fair. I was thinking of getting a different HU recently anyways and was looking at a Kenwood
Kenwood/JVC make some really great HUs. What are your plans for the two TeamPie amps? You will Deff need to get your electrical system upgraded to run those. What subs are you thinking about?For the Money.. A like the 4k they have as the two 2500s are not strapable looking at the specs. At least that is what I am reading. I may have to look again

That D4S 7 ch has some balls from a Dyno test Big D did on it. It will deff run the entire system, and you have the room for it. It’s less than 24" long so not that massive.The only thing that I would be concerned about with that amp are the RCA connectors. Id get another set to have on hand. Other than that???? It’s a beast if you feed it properly. Cresendo has always been great gear. Little pricey just as DC Audio and B2 Audio, Some Zapco,and Gladden/Masconni amps on the higher end.Alpine is still a great solid brand, RF, and JL. There are so many choices these days of new popping up. Team Pie has some great amps.Kicker still make some great amps. Grant Wilson(Zed Man) has a really nice Old School Zed Autotek BTS Blue Badge amp set that have all been recapped,wired and knobs and tested for a hell of a price if you are into Old school power?

Kenwood/JVC make some really great HUs. What are your plans for the two TeamPie amps? You will Deff need to get your electrical system upgraded to run those. What subs are you thinking about?For the Money.. A like the 4k they have as the two 2500s are not strapable looking at the specs. At least that is what I am reading. I may have to look again
I got a eclipse 7232 and zapco 6.0 and 4.0

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...