Help finding good amp?

Id have to let someone else recommend that one. What Ohm load? be a search for a 4ohm 2 ch.. But You can find a decent one that will run bridged @2ohms
I think d4s has big 2 channels...but they'd be class ab and brutal on your electrical system...

Ab are really inefficient...and one that size...we're talking major upgrades...that thing would probably pull the same amps 5 or 6k class d

Last edited:
Would a capacitor help with the elec. problem as I already have one my father gave me?
Battery bank is whats is needed and a good HO Alt and the Big 3 helps as well . Capacitor for me are kind of useless. I run an HO Alt, sometimes Two and a few AGM batteries is all I need for power. It takes power to make power as Ive said for many years

might get 2 amps and a smaller door speaker amp too🤷‍♂️, still looking at jp77 too and its hard to decide, I'll have to thing about it over the next few days as I look at ebay and other places
What are you wanting to actually do in that ride? Buy All new or try to utilize what you have and add to it? A good 4-5 v HU is where Id start at. The Source is the main Key to the System. And feed off that with what space you are willing to give up, and if you want to deaden the vehicle and brace roofing ect or not

I have to make a run to the store. Ill be back on this thread in a bit. A budget and a plan of what youd like to do and spend is always an excellent way to do a great install and get the most out of what you can for your hard earned money

I have to make a run to the store. Ill be back on this thread in a bit. A budget and a plan of what youd like to do and spend is always an excellent way to do a great install and get the most out of what you can for your hard earned money
Forgot I needed to get some 21* 2inch air gun nails for tomorrow.I bought 2- 3/8" but just an 1/8" too long for my project in the morning. Try finding the 2"- 21* in stock has been a real Biiitch. Finally found some 👀 👀 :poop:!!!!!

Spend some time researching.
Find out what ohms your subs are, and if they are single or dual voice coil.
Strong amplifiers need strong electrical to run them. That means upgraded alternator and upgraded battery(s).

Learn as much as you can before buying any gear.
It's easy to buy the wrong stuff, or learn too late you could have done a lot better.

Last edited:
Ive found it best to run a single Mono amp and maybe two 4 ch amps for mids and highs. You could make a plate out of ABS plastic sheets to recut for some 6.5 speakers giving you more options for different speakers. not a whole lot to choose from in the 6x9 speaker category. You can even make Door Pods for two sets of 6.5s components up front and add a mid bass in the kicks be ideal.. some 6.5 Coax for rear seat fillers for passengers of component set if youd like and run 2 heavy 12s or 10s, or 4 -12s or 4-10s

Gain matching can be a real PITA sometimes Ive found, and takes time with right tools and knowledge. Running a single Mono amp is easier or a Strapped pair

Strong amplifiers need strong electrical to run them. That means upgraded alternator and upgraded battery(s).

It's easy to buy the wrong stuff, or learn too late you could have done a lot better.
Excellent advice man!!!

Oh, great idea! I'll take them out of their enclosure tomorrow and check with a multimeter to see the resistance, I'll go from there! (y)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...