Help choosing subs for current box configuration

American Bass XFL's or Soundqubed HDS3's in the provided box

• XFL's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OTHER(If other than post suggestions)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ok, so I built a box that's designed to smash low notes. I currently have 2 Pioneer Champion Pro 12's in this box. The box is 6.25 cu ft before displacement and tuned to around 27 hz. I've been looking between American Bass XFL's and Soundqubed HDS3's and I cant decide which subs would be the best fit for the box. This will be powered by a Q2200.1D. The lows from the champion pro's are deadly, but anything above 20-35hz sounds pretty much flat. No dramatic bang, but holds the basslines very tight. My low notes down to around 30-22hz is where the system shows off(visibly shakes windows at stores and gas stations). I was wondering if anyone could chime in on any differences between the quality of the subwoofers and which will be louder and bang even lower including the pioneers in the discussion. I was also wondering if tuning such a big box to lower frequencies would cause major box rise. If so I need to use D2's in the upgrade. I have a DC Power 270xp alternator along with an optima yellow top and an energie pb1200 so power isnt a question.

If you really want to measure your rise, do a simple clamp test to see your current rise and base it off that.

Those champion subs cant hit highs for the life of them even in a higher tuned enclosure lol but their lows are impressive for their price. With that airspace either sub you choose will do fine. I'd say with that box though, if you mod it to fit a single beefy 18, it would do a lot of work. Seeing as an 18 has more cone area then two 12s and that box size is perfect for a single 18 and with a single sub, there's a lot less rise you'll have to deal with.

If you really want to measure your rise, do a simple clamp test to see your current rise and base it off that. Those champion subs cant hit highs for the life of them even in a higher tuned enclosure lol but their lows are impressive for their price. With that airspace either sub you choose will do fine. I'd say with that box though, if you mod it to fit a single beefy 18, it would do a lot of work. Seeing as an 18 has more cone area then two 12s and that box size is perfect for a single 18 and with a single sub, there's a lot less rise you'll have to deal with.
But which subs would be best for the application as described above?

xfl 18s would like the lower tuning more then an hdc3 18 and hds300s does not have an 18 version.
i dont want one 18, 24sq inches is more than a single 18. Which 12's are best for my application? Plus i wouldnt use an 18 in a box smaller than 8cu ft tbh. I like to utilize box space 6 is too small for that

Yep tantric hd 12s get my vote and are priced about the same
where can i buy them from? Nd are you sure the xfl 12's cant handle 6.25 cu ft tuned to 26? Because my pioneers sound good as hell in that box. And i know the xfls are really good in big boxes.

Area wise 2 12's is 225 and 1 18 is 255. So yes an 18 is more cone area.
thanks for the clarification. My question now is, arent 18's best utilized in a box around 8 - 10 cubes as fsr as getting the deepest bass from them? I need depth and low notes. Not an annoying slap type of bass

thanks for the clarification. My question now is, arent 18's best utilized in a box around 8 - 10 cubes as fsr as getting the deepest bass from them? I need depth and low notes. Not an annoying slap type of bass
Depends on the sub used. The ones your looking at will all do just fine with the space you have to work with. I would say an 18 as well but the tantrics are pretty bad *** and priced around the same. Go to tantric.com. Or a pair sundown x12's or zv3 12's

[quote name='Jkidd288']I want 12s. Thats what im asking about[/QUOTE]

If you are dead stuck on 12s and a really low end oriented sound then @mylows10 ; can hook you up with tantric subs, he's a dealer. I hear they have really nice lows. Its true that that 12s in that enclosure will pretty much cut off a lot of the 50hz and up stuff but the subs will reach mechanical limits faster.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...