Help Choosing Kicker Sub/Enclosure

charlesncharge

I am working up to building and installing what will be my first system. I just need some help in choosing which subwoofer to use. I recently purchased a kicker zx500.1 mono amp. I know these amps are underrated and this amp can push close to 600 rms at 2 ohms easily or so Ive read. I am leaning towards a sealed hatchback enclosure or possibly a vented enclosure. I don't want to use too much trunk space in my accord though but want the best possible sound for the money. Here are the choices I am considering.

1. Kicker L5 12 DVC 4ohm @ 600w rms

2. Kicker CVX 10 DVC 4ohm @ 600w rms

3. Kicker CVR 15 DVC 4ohm @ 500w rms

Vented or sealed enclosure

Which of these subs (alone and with box type combo)gives the best bang or sound quality for the money with the setup that I have planned? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have a 95 Honda Accord - The Kicker 12" L5 did WONDERS in my trunk....

.... I had it in a 3cuft. ported enclosure, tuned @ 33hz - and it POUNDED.

( Remember to get the Dual 4 version )

And still had trunk space...

I had an L5 10 in the gf's exploder and it surprised me too... but it went poof a week later while it was "surprising me". And I had a CVR 15" left over from my first setup in my Yukon that I thought was blown (but turn around 3 yrs later and it sat there being fine the whole time) that I sold to a buddy for a S10 and it just sounder a looootttt better imo

with the kicker subs to get the max powerhandling you have to use the smallest sealed box, or biggest ported box specs, my cvx 12's handle 750, but on the other end of the spectrum they only do 300

fyi by kickers specs and powerhandling you could run 4 cvr 10's sealed in a smaller box than 1 cvr 15 in a ported box large enough to do 600rms, not sure if your amp could push 4

(4) 10" CVRs will sound d*mn good -

... Look into that.

( only thing is that you're gonna be about 400 watts less - I think the 10s are 250rms each.

... And the zx500.1 pushs birthsheet 600ish rms @ 2ohm )

I am working up to building and installing what will be my first system. I just need some help in choosing which subwoofer to use. I recently purchased a kicker zx500.1 mono amp. I know these amps are underrated and this amp can push close to 600 rms at 2 ohms easily or so Ive read. I am leaning towards a sealed hatchback enclosure or possibly a vented enclosure. I don't want to use too much trunk space in my accord though but want the best possible sound for the money. Here are the choices I am considering. 

1. Kicker L5 12 DVC 4ohm @ 600w rms

2. Kicker CVX 10 DVC 4ohm @ 600w rms

3. Kicker CVR 15 DVC 4ohm @ 500w rms

Vented or sealed enclosure

Which of these subs (alone and with box type combo)gives the best bang or sound quality for the money with the setup that I have planned? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wowflash.gif.89a61f4caede63a11dac36e97d61323e.gif I can even read that

single sub ported then shortly youll realize that you could have better spent your money on something of better quality with a more accurate frequency response. Youll then sell your sub or try to and look for ways to get something FI or Audioque because the nutthuggers here told you to. I suggest you read around here and try to save up some cash before you make a 100% decision. find what your space requirements are and go from there. If you dont know the difference between sealed an ported then wait. Im not being a **** ive just seen it 1000 times. Try to be patient and read up a bit.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.