Help choosing a double din headunit for pretty cheap

Participant count
  • Participant list

skiyaker

So Im looking to get a headunit for a 2003 wrx. The ones I have on the table just because they are available at my local best buy are the pioneer AVH-P1400DVD just because its on sale (normally 300 and now 200), the pioneer FH-X700BT, and the JVC KWHDR720. The jvc and the the first pioneer have 20watts rms while the 2nd pioneer has 14w but the 2nd pioneer is 150 while the other 2 are 200. I'm just looking for something that would improve the system and possibly i could add to and also give me the ability to connect my ipod so all the other fancy features I don't really need. I just want it to sound good. thanks in advance

I bought the FH-X700BT a few months ago. Looks and sound nice but lately I've been thinking about the DEH-80PRS. The nicer Pioneer DD's are all DVD and just don't have any need for one. I would rather spend $ on SQ than bells and whistles. If you can wait I may sell it next month after I get my new amp.

The power output of all standard decks is about the same, the numbers they publish is just a marketing thing. I have that JVC unit and it's been an OK deck for about a year now. I like having USB on the front panel and the adjustable color display. Only a 3 band EQ but I have an external one so it doesn't matter to me. My only complaints are that the clock does not stay on when power is off and the HD radio has poor sensitivity.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.