Pioneer AVH P4300DVD vs AVH-P8400BH is it worth the upgrade?

Participant count
  • Participant list

rbtrucking
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I currently have the Pioneer AVH p4300dvd and was looking at maybe upgrading to the AVH-P8400BH but I am wondering if it is worth it. I am somewhat interested in the upgrade to bluetooth streaming but dont care at all about the HD radio. The main concern I have is would I see any sound quality difference going to the AVH-P8400BH? I am not running the headunit amp I have 2 amps one for the comps and one for the subs. Current system is the AVH P4300DVD JL audio slash 150/2 amp hooked to boston acoustic sr65's and a memphis MCD 1100 hooked to 2 Diamond audio D612's If my only main concern is audio quality would this upgrade be worth it for me?

Sound quality wise I dont think you'll hear much of a difference. I had a 8400 and I liked it a lot.The screen way better than the 4300/4400.
I did a lot of research and read the 8400 had a big problem with the touch screen freezing up to 2 times a day. Did you run into any of that?

I did a lot of research and read the 8400 had a big problem with the touch screen freezing up to 2 times a day. Did you run into any of that?
No it never did that to me. I've had a bunch of HUs and this was a real good one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.