Help buying a receiver...

Jay10

Hello,

So I have absolutely no clue about what to look for in head units! I am pretty lost. All I know is that the previous owner, to my 2008 Ford Edge, installed a Sony Explode. The buttons are so small, the unit is now further from the driver's seat and I'm straining to get close enough every time I have to deal with the radio.

I honestly don't care about all the other bells and whistles in car audio(like bass, sub-woofers, or what have you)... I just want a nice sounding radio that is easy to use. With that said, I definitely wont be spending hundreds on a car stereo and I don't care about brands at all.

So I have been looking at units online (amazon) and in the under $200 price range there are obscure brands with very little reviews. Of course everything looks nice and awesome and they come with rear view cameras. I don't have an issue with the installation because a friend I have knows someone who professionally installs stereos and will do it on the side for me. Again, I am not into car audio enough to pay a ton for installation.

So I came here to get some input about the receiver that I have narrowed it down to. I would appreciate any time you take to look at the product I might buy and give me some feedback on it.

Amazon.com : Windows Win 8 UI Design Rear Camera Included 2015 New Model 6.2-Inch Double-2 DIN In Dash Car DVD Player Touch screen LCD Monitor with DVD/CD/MP3/MP4/USB/SD/AM/FM/RDS Radio/Bluetooth/Stereo/Audio and GPS Navigation SAT NAV Wall Paper exc

I, of course, like all of the 'promised' details about this product. Bluetooth, touch screen and rear camera....however.... am I missing something?

In addition to the unit... I have no idea if it will fit and what else I would need to buy for the installation. Any information regarding that would be AWESOME!!

Thank you in advance,

Jay

Go to Crutchfield.com and plug in what you have as far as vehicle, etc. They will tell you what kit you need as well as what will fit and what wont. If you do end up buying from there they will include any wiring harness kit for free. They are a little more pricey though.

It it's too good to be true it probably is. It has been discounted so much I expect it's not worth much at all and doubt most of the features work.

Here is a link to some "best car stereo's of 2015"...

Best Car Stereos of 2015 | Top Rated Head Units

I'll always stick with a brand name system that also has good reviews and good owner reviews...I use Amazon for owner/user reviews.

I'd not touch the unit you are thinking about with a ten foot pole...too many possibilities for a good screwing.

If you do decide to go that route make sure to give us a blow by blow of how it went and how it works.

That radio you posted looks identical to an Eonon M1 head unit. If it is its an ok head unit for that price. With that said ... it may be a slight learning curve fir you to operate that radio to its full potential. But if you're not looking to spend allot of money then get it. It may not be a name brand but should work just the same for your purposes. Just my 2 cents.

If you get the chance check out eonon.com and see what they have to offer their prices are pretty good only thing you will wait on is shipping since they are out of China.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Why not watch operation videos? These videos always include the "promised" functions. You can see how they work and whether they work well. Go to some video websites(like youtube, vimeo, dailymotion etc.) and search for the car model and key words. Then, you may find many results.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.