Top brands for headunits

silver07
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Dallas
It's been years, I had an old alpine stereo in my car. Want something good, nice pre amp voltage, could be double din or single. Makes no difference to me, wanted to get an eclipse, but they aren't around anymore! What's the new eclipse nowadays? Someone told me Sony is much better... Figured I'd ask here.

I see pioneer still makes some, alpine, jvc, sooo many. Before you'd have to spend a couple hundred for a decent one, now there's a ton below that and have Bluetooth and iPod connections. I just don't know if they're crap or if they are all mediocre and it doesn't matter a whole lot anymore

Bonus if it had android compatibility and Bluetooth! What's some good ones around $200 or less.

I really like my pioneer in my Sig, was around 200 and has all the bells and whistles. I'm sure there's a newer version now but the price points about the same.

I really like my 149 bt also. For $200 you can get the previous model 148bt only difference is the 149bt has flip down deck to insert cd and rear aux. 148 has aux infront and a slot on the face

I really like my 149 bt also. For $200 you can get the previous model 148bt only difference is the 149bt has flip down deck to insert cd and rear aux. 148 has aux infront and a slot on the face
Is the flip down manual, or is it motorized?

They do give in eventually but this isnt a screen its a regulr face that flips down to reveal a slot and can be removed to prevent theft. The ones that break are single din flip out tv units or whatever you call them. Those take a crap alot

Do you actually ever take off your faceplate Martin? Only time i ever do is when im on the north side of town where there is alot of theft but happens to be where the movie theater/mall is.

Even then i usually didnt but now that i have a 80prs...i might reconsider.

Do you actually ever take off your faceplate Martin? Only time i ever do is when im on the north side of town where there is alot of theft but happens to be where the movie theater/mall is.
Even then i usually didnt but now that i have a 80prs...i might reconsider.
No i dont drive my truck much and when i do i ALWAYS have an eye on it. Its rare for me to leave my truck unattended. Ill leave someone borderline dead before they steal from my truck. I care for it with my life. So that being said nope never take it off lol i figure IF theyre going to jack me theyre going to just rip the deck out and buy a mew faceplate at the swap meet. Or get it from the glove box or where ever i put it because lets be real. Im not going to remove it and place it in my pocket and walk around with a HU face in my pocket haha

Think I may do a pioneer head unit if they've corrected that fuse issue now. Im not planning on keeping the car for more than 2-3 years so I'm not going to really upgrade the speakers and everything else besides adding a sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.