Help build my new system!

Kobaine

Hey everyone,

I have an 04 Honda Accord LX sedan and am looking at upgrading my audio system. I dont want to buy an aftermarket receiver so I went with the JL Cleansweep summing device. I now need help/advice for the rest. I went to both Best Buy & CarToys. Best Buy tried to sell me a pair of 12" polk audios with a polk audio amp, and I did some research and this does not look like a setup that will last more than a week. I then went to CarToys and they suggested I start with buying front speakers (the Focal 165A1sg) and then purchase an amp and subs when I could afford it. They recommended the PDXV9 5ch Alpine amp and two 12w1v24 12" JL subs. For all of that they priced it at about $2500. I dont know who to trust, so thats why I came to you guys! Please help! I would like to keep my budget below $1300 but that is always negotiable. Thanks!

Hey everyone,I have an 04 Honda Accord LX sedan and am looking at upgrading my audio system. I dont want to buy an aftermarket receiver so I went with the JL Cleansweep summing device. I now need help/advice for the rest. I went to both Best Buy & CarToys. Best Buy tried to sell me a pair of 12" polk audios with a polk audio amp, and I did some research and this does not look like a setup that will last more than a week. I then went to CarToys and they suggested I start with buying front speakers (the Focal 165A1sg) and then purchase an amp and subs when I could afford it. They recommended the PDXV9 5ch Alpine amp and two 12w1v24 12" JL subs. For all of that they priced it at about $2500. I dont know who to trust, so thats why I came to you guys! Please help! I would like to keep my budget below $1300 but that is always negotiable. Thanks!
pm me your wants and needs ,i can take care of your new system no problem.better equipment too.

Thanks for the fast replies! Okay I'll stay away from the big box stores, but the only reason I went there in the first place was for advice. So what do you guys recommend. I listen to a wide variety of music but mostly consisting of EDM. I would like to go much cheaper than 1300 if possible, but what do you guys think?

Hey everyone,I have an 04 Honda Accord LX sedan and am looking at upgrading my audio system. I dont want to buy an aftermarket receiver so I went with the JL Cleansweep summing device. I now need help/advice for the rest. I went to both Best Buy & CarToys. Best Buy tried to sell me a pair of 12" polk audios with a polk audio amp, and I did some research and this does not look like a setup that will last more than a week. I then went to CarToys and they suggested I start with buying front speakers (the Focal 165A1sg) and then purchase an amp and subs when I could afford it. They recommended the PDXV9 5ch Alpine amp and two 12w1v24 12" JL subs. For all of that they priced it at about $2500. I dont know who to trust, so thats why I came to you guys! Please help! I would like to keep my budget below $1300 but that is always negotiable. Thanks!
I'd do a set of quality components up front like these

Imagine I61-2V2 6.5" Component / Coaxial Speaker Set - 12v Electronics