Help box specs for 2 HDC3 18s

Participant count
  • Participant list

los33

Car Audio G
Houston, TX
Im trying to get back into box designing, but im not 100% how to use torres box calculator.

I am trying to build a box for two 18s hdc3.

Here is a basic look from re calculator of what im trying to get.

I know RE is not 100% so if anyone can help me out id appreciate it.

Basic points needed for box is:
- Box width needs to be 55in or less
- Box height like to keep near 18 or few inches taller to keep below the window line
- box depth has to be 18in or smaller
- Box tune 35hz

SE5kB5.png

Hoping @CSCStang can come thru :D i have beyond bothered the cr4p out of him

Sent from my draconis using Tapatalk

REs calculations are spot on but how are you gonna mount 18s on an 18inch tall baffle? Bump it up to 20 inches tall and don't forget to consider any doubled up panels you might use. The baffle at a min needs to be 1.5 inch thick so that adds .75 inches to the port length. I'd brace it very well. Those subs are gonna flex that box.

REs calculations are spot on but how are you gonna mount 18s on an 18inch tall baffle? Bump it up to 20 inches tall and don't forget to consider any doubled up panels you might use. The baffle at a min needs to be 1.5 inch thick so that adds .75 inches to the port length. I'd brace it very well. Those subs are gonna flex that box.
I considered double baffle on top since it will be subs up port forward.

Would you consider few inches taller and double baffle all around?

I planned to do 45s at each corner so i probably need to factor those in :/

Hopefully i can just pay for a design //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I considered double baffle on top since it will be subs up port forward.
Would you consider few inches taller and double baffle all around?

I planned to do 45s at each corner so i probably need to factor those in :/

Hopefully i can just pay for a design //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I"m just saying you need a baffle wall taller/wider than 18" if you're gonna get screws through the mounting bracket all the way around. If you can get the top and bottom depth to about 20 inches then use 55 wide, 20 deep, and adjust the height accordingly to get the volume where you want it.

I'm doing the exact same build right now. Was looking around 12 cubes @35.
What vehicle?

Since the funds have forced me to build my own, then if i cannot get a no wall box made for 2 18's ima just build a wall and play with the ports till i can get the right tuning.

In no way am i a box designer so i am struggling //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

2008 escape. I have around 20.2 cubes to use so this will be no problem, might buy a octoport from stang and build the rest myself.

I have some 1 inch MGP at my disposal to use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.