Help a noob pick the right amp

I'd probably do it just to do it. That being said, I have a ton of extra 1/0 and 4 gauge wire laying around and I haven't done it on my Jeep... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif I did install the factory HO alternator though.

I have to rewire my truck with 1/0 power wire on top of the big 3. Right now I have a MRP-M500 and I'm trying to decide if I should go ahead and pick up the PDX-M6 for the little extra power for the two subs. ***** having to spend $300 for just another 100W.

ok dud wired to a 4oh load will not work your amp hard,but if you wire it a 2ohm load it will work harder.just remember the lower the imoedence or ohm the more curent you pul so your amp will put out more power and work harder.your 2ohm dvc cant be wired at 2ohm any ways you eather have to go down to 1 ohm or up to 4ohm.

I'll just pick up the PDX-M6 then. Is it pretty easy to wire the subs to do 4 ohms? Should I still use 1/0 gauge wire for the power wire?

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: wiring. I used welding cable for my set up and have no problems and saved a bunch of coin. Everyone says that welding cable is stiff, but no way. I actually have audio cable (stinger) on one amp and welding cable for the other. I'll stick with welding cable in the future. I run the alpine m-1000 to two kicker subs and all is well in my ears.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.