Headlight dimming like crazy HELP!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jerry75

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi i drive a Dodge Magnum witch has the battery in the trunk i always had car's with the battery under the hood and i never had electrical problem before.
I have 2 amp my mono amp is pushing 1000 watts rms in 1ohms and my other amp is pushing 4X 350watts rms i have 2 capacitor 500k and 1 battery. My power and ground cable is 4 G and my headlight dime enough to make me turn my volume down when i see cars coming the opposite way.

I don't know what to do to at least reduce the dimming to a reasonable point so please help
Thanks

[QUOTE = "Popwarhomie, message: 8705772, membre: 619389"]
Oh mec...

Quelle chute de tension obtenez-vous?
[/CITATION]
On my odb it shows 12.1v is this what u wanted to know

That isn't alot of wattage but dropping below battery resting voltage would mean you need an HO alternator.

I would at least get rid of the caps, upgrade your battery to a nice AGM, and do the big 3 with 1/0 wire.

From what I'm seeing online your car has a pretty weak alternator, 110A unless you get more detailed with the year and everything. Usually you don't need to upgrade a car's electrical until you pass 1500W, but I guess you're there if you're pushing your other speakers hard. I think upgrading the alternator will make the largest difference.

Your headlights are dimming, but modern headlights depending on what type they are require almost no voltage drop to visually see it. The reason why the caps aren't helping is because you're lacking power production, not power storage. An AGM battery will help get more power at once, so will the caps, but you said 12.1v. Is that with the car on or off? If the car was on that's an extremely low voltage and you're probably going to damage the battery/alternator eventually if you haven't already. What you need is an alternator capable of keeping up, your voltage while it's running should not be lower than 12.4v ever, not even during heavy beats, and resting should be above 13v. A bad battery can pull it down.

As popwarhomie already touched on, to do a HO alternator you'll need to upgrade your wires, but you can probably get away with just a better alternator that still fits the car, not necessarily HO. This all depends on what you've got for an alternator right now. You didn't offer much details about your car.

Get the biggest AGM you can fit and do the big 3. I had a Mustang with a 130 amp alt and was using a powerhog of an amp pushing 2400 rms (dyno’d) that dimmed. Once I put in an AGM and Big 3, I was good. I didn’t listen to music full blast for long periods of time but honestly I don’t know who does

[QUOTE = "Lasherž, message: 8705788, membre: 679555"]
D'après ce que je vois en ligne, votre voiture a un alternateur assez faible, 110A, sauf si vous obtenez plus de détails avec l'année et tout. Habituellement, vous n'avez pas besoin de mettre à niveau l'électricité d'une voiture jusqu'à ce que vous passiez 1500W, mais je suppose que vous êtes là si vous poussez durement vos autres haut-parleurs. Je pense que la mise à niveau de l'alternateur fera la plus grande différence.

Vos phares s'assombrissent, mais les phares modernes selon leur type ne nécessitent pratiquement aucune chute de tension pour le voir visuellement. La raison pour laquelle les bouchons n'aident pas, c'est parce que vous manquez de production d'énergie, pas de stockage d'énergie. Une batterie AGM vous aidera à obtenir plus de puissance à la fois, tout comme les bouchons, mais vous avez dit 12.1v. Est-ce que la voiture est allumée ou éteinte? Si la voiture était allumée, c'est une tension extrêmement basse et vous allez probablement endommager la batterie / l'alternateur éventuellement si ce n'est pas déjà fait. Ce dont vous avez besoin, c'est d'un alternateur capable de suivre, votre tension pendant son fonctionnement ne doit jamais être inférieure à 12,4 V, même pendant les battements lourds, et le repos doit être supérieur à 13 V. Une mauvaise batterie peut la tirer vers le bas.

Comme la popwarhomie l'a déjà mentionné, pour faire un alternateur HO, vous devrez mettre à niveau vos câbles, mais vous pouvez probablement vous en sortir avec un meilleur alternateur qui convient toujours à la voiture, pas nécessairement HO. Tout dépend de ce que vous avez pour un alternateur en ce moment. Vous n'avez pas donné beaucoup de détails sur votre voiture.
[/CITATION]
My car is a Dodge Magnum SXT6 i run near 2000 watt

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.